Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HELP!!!

Biondina13
I'm a participant level 2
I'm a participant level 2

Hi everyone! 

Hope I'm posting this in the right forum.

I'm desperate! I do believe I'm a crackberry addict, I've been without my blackberry for nearly 14 hours now.

This morning after downloading an update for my twitter app I was asked to reboot my blackberry curve 8520 when I did that the infamous blackberry "hourglass" appeared indicating that my phone was rebooting, problem is the phone stopped rebooting at about 3/4 of the way. After numberous battery pulls and attemps to reboot the phone still only reboots 3/4 of the way! 

What can I do?? How do I fix this? Do phones get virus'? Is it my battery? Or the operating system?

The phone is relavtively new (only about 2 years old) 

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated!!!!

Laura

***Edited to add labels***

1 REPLY 1

FidoStephen
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

Hey Biondina13,

Were you able to get your phone fixed?

If not, I would suggest plugging in to your computer and trying a restore through BB desktop software. Make sure you have the latest version of BlackBerry Desktop Manager installed and running and a working internet connection before attempting to restore. To download the latest version of the Blackberry Desktop Manager, follow this link:  http://na.blackberry.com/eng/support/software/desktop.jsp

Backup the device first.

In the BlackBerry Desktop Software, click Device > Restore.

Select a backup file that contains the data you want to restore.

Do one of the following:
• To restore all your device data, click All device data and settings.
• To select which data you want to restore, click Select device data and settings. Select the check box beside the data type that you
want to restore.
• If your device includes built-in media storage, and you want restore it, select the Files saved on my built-in media storage check
box.

If the backup file is encrypted, type the password that you set to encrypt.

Click Restore.

Hopefully this helps, and please let us know how it goes!