cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HD Voice on OnePlus 2

SeiksToronto
I'm a contributor level 2

I purchased a OnePlus 2 and understand it supports the AMR-WB codec but HD Voice does not seem to work. Is the something that Fido needs to enable for specifc phone models and if so, can it be enabled for the OnePlus 2?

***Edited to add labels***

12 REPLIES 12

Fletcherx
I'm a contributor level 1

When it comes to phones that arn't sold directly from fido, they don't always come with the proper settings in the phone to be 100% compatible with fido's services. Fido usually sells phones compatible with most features on their network, you may have a phone with a capability not yet supported by fido.

Hey SeiksToronto!

Welcome to the Community!

While we do offer HD Voice, whether or not it will work with your phone depends on a few things.

Your phone, and the phone of the caller or the person you are calling is using, needs to be compatible with the HD Voice feature. both you and the caller must be Rogers/Fido subscribers, and, both callers must be in the Rogers/Fido 3G network coverage area.

That said, unfortunately, it's not possible for us to guarantee that any of our services will work correctly with an unlocked phone. 

Hope this helps!

SeiksToronto

Fletcherx & FidoAmandaN,

thank you and I understand both of your points but prior to the OnePlus 2, I used an Unlocked Koodo Blackberry Q10 and had many HD Voice calls with my girlfriend who is also a Fido customer and has a Fido issued iPhone 6. I understand that Fido can't support every phone in the world but I would hope that a company who promotes customers using unlocked phones on their network as an option would (from a customer service stance) acknowledge that a specific phone model is not yet supported but, that in efforts to provide the best network experience, would look into adding a specific phone model when a customer inquires.

Knowing that the OnePlus 2 can accommodate HD Voice based on its specs, I hope Fido considers adding it as a supported phone for HD Voice calling as a method of providing great customer service and a premier network experience.

Thanks for your feedback @SeiksToronto

We'll make sure to forward it to the right people Smiley

SeiksToronto
Hi any update on this? I would like to make HD calls with my OnePlus 2.

Hi @SeiksToronto! Smiley

At the current time, we still cannot guarantee that our services will work properly on an unlocked phone. Have you already tried making HD calls with your phone?

SeiksToronto
I have but there is no HD indicator on my phone when calling someone using an iPhone 6 on fido as there is when I call the same person with my blackberry Q10. Also the audio quality is noticeably different.

Thank you for confirming @SeiksToronto

As @FidoMaria mentioned, we still cannot guarantee that our services will work properly on an unlocked phone.

@Community: Anyone having the same issue?

Metriadi

they have done no work on this, it's been another year. half of us are on your network with unlock phones. you go up and down the street saying that you support BYOP but none of the services that those phones are capable of. Most of us who BYOP use higher end phones than the LG/Samsung handsets you sell. No power users like bloatware on their phones. Doesn't matter whether someone is using OnePlus, Blackberry or Essential phones, if you say that you guys support BYOP you sure should support ALL of the features. If you can't cause your Rogers overlords haven't make this feature available then you should put "we cannot guarantee all VoLTE features will work on your unlock devices" on GIANT letters on our first bill. We waste so much time (as evidenced by the innumerable posts on this topic in this forum) talking about this and no one has done anything about it. 

A97

I too would like to know why I can't make voice over LTE calls on my OnePlus 6? I know the phone fully supports it. 

FidoNick
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @A97!

VoLTE is offered on eligible devices purchased directly from Fido. 

As we do not offer the OnePlus 6 and it's not a Fido phone, it unfortunately will not work.

Hope this info helps clear it up!

SeiksToronto

thank you, much appreciated!