Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Google Pixel 3 XL WiFi Calling

ahk
I'm a contributor level 1

Hello,

Any idea if Fido supports Wifi Calling on the Pixel 3 XL at this time? I can't seem to enable the feature on the device.

Thanks!

29 REPLIES 29

Hey @wrick!

We're sad to read that. There may be a different issue causing this problem for you.

Please keep us posted. We'll be happy to escalate this further should it remain unresolved.

wrick

Hi ! 

I have yet to hear from Fido.  I got an automatic call Saturday saying that my issue was not resolved.  

I'm still disconnecting when placing or ending a call, no Volte / RCS / or Wifi calling is working.

IMS service status also says all these features are unavailable.

FidoNick
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @wrick!

We'll send you a PM so we can look into what's going on Smiley

Keep in mind however that if the Pixel 3 you have is not purchased from Fido then these are unfortunately features we cannot guarantee will function.

Zxaz
I'm a contributor level 3

"if the Pixel 3 you have is not purchased from Fido then these are unfortunately features we cannot guarantee will function."

its rather if the pixel 3 have not been purchased from fido....then you will be punished and you"ll have these feature blocked!!

dont forget we"re talking the same compatible phone here...except one from the manufacturer and the other the carier provider who bought this phone from the same manufacturer....

Not at all @Zxaz! It's merely that we cannot guarranty service on a non-Fido device.

We'll be happy to send you a PM if you're still having issues with it. We'll do our best to see what we can do. Smiley

Just let us know.

Zxaz

Fidophillipe......

You should have wrote 'we dont want' instead of we cannot guarrantee....

Even if you refusing to admit that we are talking of the same phone here..the fact is that a pixel bought from google instead of fido who come from google anyway is blocked instantly because of your rolleyes systeme....you could unlock it instantly but because of the fido/rogers politics you can't......and you know it 

And you should told the true instead of awnsering a 'pre-programmated' awnser like a robot......

FidoThomas
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @Zxaz, no robots here!

We've been honest with you, we cannot guarantee that certain features will work with a non-Fido phone. That being said, we'll gladly  look into it with you and assist you as much as possible Smiley

Just let us know and we'll send you a PM.

Zxaz

If you were really 'honest' fido/rogers would unlock these feature instantly.....no need to spent useless hours or making deaf dialogue...been there done that.....

And you know it........

FidoNick
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

We're here to help as best we can @Zxaz!

However, when it comes to non-Fido phones support and features can be limited.

We're going to take a look though. I'll send you a PM so we can get started.

See you there. Smiley