Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Google Pixel 3 XL WiFi Calling

ahk
I'm a contributor level 1

Hello,

Any idea if Fido supports Wifi Calling on the Pixel 3 XL at this time? I can't seem to enable the feature on the device.

Thanks!

29 REPLIES 29

patrickchan
I'm experienced level 1
I'm experienced level 1

first rogers/fido needs to support google pixel 3 and xl,

second get new sim card

third confirm apn settings

four setup volte address for e-911

Tjalbout72
I'm a participant level 3

Pixel 2 and Pixel 2 XL are supported, but can't get the Pixel 3 to work.... Can someone from Fido give us an update?

Hey @ahk @Tjalbout72 ,

Wi-Fi calling is supported on the Pixel 3 and the Pixel3 XL as long as long as the phones are Fido phones. 

Did you purchase your phones from Fido?

ahk

Hello @FidoRanya,

Yes I purchased the phone from Fido. Is there any documentation that explains how to enable it for the pixel 3 and 3 XL? 

Thanks

Hey @ahk

I did a quick search on my end and found those steps. Let me know if it works on your end:

• From a Home screen, touch and swipe up to display all apps.
  • Navigate: Settings > Network & Internet > Mobile Network .
  • Ensure that the the Use Wi-Fi switch to turn on .
  • Tap Advanced then tap Wi-Fi calling.
  • Tap the Wi-Fi Calling switch to turn on .

Let me know how it goes.

ahk

Hello @FidoKenny,

Thanks for the info. I did try that, but when I toggle the enable switch, I am taken to a Fido page that asks for my Fido number.Then I am sent a code which I enter and finally taken to a page where I am shown my home address. All good so far, but at this final page I cannot do anything but close it which takes me back to the wifi calling page and wifi calling switch gets disabled automatically. If I try to enable it again, I go through the same process with the same end result. 

Maybe the pixel 3 and 3 XL need a carrier services update from Google? Not sure .Please advise.

Thanks

@ahk

Thank you for confirming. Since you already went over the steps, we would need to take a look at your account to make sure there's no restriction stopping you from using it.

I'm sending you a PM to get this looked into. Talk to you soon Smiley

Tjalbout72

@ahk

Can you post back to let us know if you got this working?

Thanks!

ahk

Hello,

I just wanted to update that the Wifi Calling issue has been resolved. I do not know what they did in the background, but now I can enable and use the Wifi Calling feature on my Pixel 3XL.

I want to thank @FidoKenny@FidoRanya and @FidoRachel for their great customer service and timely handeling on the issue.

Thanks!!

Tjalbout72

Thanks for the update, looks like a Pixel 3 XL bought from Google direclty won't work with Fido WiFi calling, it's a real shame. Same phone.. no extra software on it.

Google had a great bundle deal for a pre-order, it was tough not to go with them.

That said, I have terrible service at home and my old phone worked great with WiFi calling.. this really sucks.

ahk

@Tjalbout72

Sorry to hear about that. You are correct I do not see why you cannot get wifi calling feature even if you didn't buy the phone from Fido directly. It's a software configurable service. What was the pre-order bundle deal from Google you got if you don't mind me asking? 

Tjalbout72

@ahk

The phone came with the free pixel stand for fast cordless charging ($109) + $75 store credit towards anything you want. It's a good deal seeing how expensive the phone is.

ahk

@Tjalbout72

Thanks for sharing. Though it doesn't matter at this point, the early reserve and pre-order from Fido also includes a free pixel stand. However the $75 play credit is a nice Google bonus. Thanks and goodluck!

Tjalbout72

@ahk

Spoke with Google and according to them, there should be no reason why it wouldn't work. Fido would need to activate it. Do you know what they did with your phone to get it to work?

ahk

@Tjalbout72

Yes so they sent me an online form that asked for my name, first and last, my fido number, and fido community handle (ahk) and once I submited it, they did something at their end. I was then asked to restart my phone and try to enable wifi calling and it worked after about a minute or two. I am guessing they set or reset something under my account at their end.Hoped this helps.

wrick

Hi ! 

Same problem here.  Bought a Pixel 3 from google.  

I cannot get RCS, VoLTE, and wifi calling working.

Kind of makes zero sense that I have to buy the phone from Fido to get these things to work...

The Wifi calling toggle is even my settings....

FidoSaad
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey there @wrick

Welcome to the community Smiley

Have you had the chance to reach out to us to have this looked into? You can contact us at these channels. Alternatively, we can also send you a PM here.

Let us know!

wrick

Hi ! 

I have indeed contacted support yesterday, and was given a case number.  I guess I'm still waiting on level 2 support to look into this ! 

I'm calling with 3g service on a 1000$, one day old google phone haha ! 

FidoJo1
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Thanks for keeping us posted Wrick🙂

wrick

I got a text yesterday from Fido saying my case was closed, and my problem had been solved.

Which was unfortunately not the case.  I had to call back, explain everything to someone again, and they have escalated the case.

We'll see how this pans out over the next few days.  I keep losing signal every time I make a call, as the device switches to 3g, and then back to LTE every time.  It's not a gracefull transition, and I end up with no connection at all for a few seconds.

I have the wifi calling option in my settings, as well as advanced LTE for audio and data, and even the advanced messaging options in the stock messaging app.  This one just gets stuck " excuse the wait " message.

My IMS service status says Volte, Voici over Wifi, video calling as unavailable.  IMS registrations says Not registered !