cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy S9 - Android 10 update

tariqul
I'm a participant level 2

When will I get the Android 10 upgrade on my phone? 

7 REPLIES 7

T_J_C
I'm a contributor level 1
I'm a contributor level 1

Just got it today Mar. 9th. No problems as of yet. 

Spase

Well I didn't had that luck.

After upgrading my Samsung S9, and starting to like the new version, later in the day when having more than 40% of battery, my phone switched off. I tried to power it on, but the battery percentage showed 0% and it shut down by it self. 

Just to point out, that I hadn't got any issues till the upgrade done yesterday, and I start  carrying my powerbank with me, as I don't know if or when will happen again.

In meantime, if anyone had the same issue, please share it. 

NaliniR
I'm qualified level 1
I'm qualified level 1

Hi @Spase,

If you continue to experience issues its always good to do a factory reset after any major updates to avoid any bugs.

Spase

Thanks @NaliniR ,

I will try your advice in a week from now on, just to see how it will behave for a couple of days. And if the problem still persists, then...

At this moment, I have installed way too many apps to proceed with this step, but your explanation makes sense to me. 

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello Tariqul,

Welcome to the community!

What version of the S9 do you have? Was it purchased from Fido? I understand the OS Upgrade schedule states that the upgrade should have been available in January. However, it appears as though there was a delay from Samsung Canada. Sources suggest it might be released February 24, 2020 or possibly in March of 2020 (see here).

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers

FidoStephen
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

Hi @tariqul 

UPDATE - Android 10 for the S9/S9+ and Note 9 is scheduled to start rolling out on Monday, March 9.

NaliniR
I'm qualified level 1
I'm qualified level 1

Hi @tariqul,

You can check Fido's OS Upgrade Schedule here and they will let us know when to expect it.