Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy S8 reservation and release time

peyngn2
I'm a participant level 2

Hi
I reserved my Galaxy S8 on fido website today. I have a question about the place in the queue: if, for example, my place in the queue is 50, does this mean I am the 50th Fido customer who reserves the phone or just the 50th Fido customer of the pickup location which I choose at the time of reservation? So basically is it 50 in the whole country or just in the pick up location?

** Edited to add labels **

50 REPLIES 50

carlo
When I tried last year when I went to the store to pick up my reservation they said they couldn't sell it to me without changing my plan or upgrading was told I couldn't purchase outright even though I'm a fido customer

FidoClaudia
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @carlo

Was that done through a retail partner or directly at a Fido corporate store?

missCHIious
I'm a participant level 3
I'm a participant level 3

That's really good to know.  I was about to ask that same question. Wink

KAPABLE-K
MVP MVP
MVP

@peyngn2 Welcome to the community!

If i'm not mistaken I believe you are the 50th person to reserve the phone at Fido and guarantee you a place in line but that does not guarantee you will actually be the 50th person to actually get a phone it still depends and the location and shipment. 

Hey @peyngn2 and @KAPABLE-K

The number assigned is Canada-wide. If you're 50th in the queue, this means that you're the 50th person waiting for that specific model within existing Fido customers across Canada. 

New customers have their own reservation queue. Also, each model has it's own queue.

You'll be the 50th person to get the phone once we have available stock! It has nothing to do with the store you pick. Smiley 

Hope that helps! 

peyngn2
Thanks @FidoMegan.
I also wanted to know about the release time. I know the official date is April 20 but some carriers are advertising that by pre-ordering the device you can get it before that date. Is that the case for the Fido as well.

@peyngn2

The phone will only be available as of the official launch date. The reservation  is to make sure that you get yours as fast as possible Smiley 

tcat1

The reservation page for the S8 states this: "Order before April 11 and get it as early as April 17!"

What does this mean?

Just curious because I'm number 1 in the queue Smiley

FidoPierre
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @tcat1,

We dedicate an inventory towards our Reservation System orders to get you the phone as quickly as possible! Though we cannot guarantee exact delivery dates at the moment, we'll send you emails with updates on your phone shipment to the store of your choice. Smiley