Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fido's SIM network unlock PIN

donny10
I'm a participant level 3

Hello!

I am trying to unlock my Samsung S7 that I have acquired from Fido. I first put the unlock code, it shows "Network unlock successful.". Then it asks for the SIM network unlock PIN. I have called Fido and they provided me with two codes 3436 or 2995, however, none of them is working. After 3 tentatives the phone goes back to the unlock code process and it repeats over again.

Can someone please help me? Am I doing it correctly? 

7 REPLIES 7

Sonnyjames

Hello Sonnyjames,

Welcome to the community!

Are you having an issue with your iPhone? If  you are, could you please elaborate a little on what issue you're having? Are you trying to unlock your iPhone?

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers

FidoRanya
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @donny10

At the moment it asks you for the unlock PIN, is the Fido SIM still in the phone? 

Thanks for clarifying Smiley 

donny10

Hi @FidoRanya no, when I am attempting to unlock my cellphone I am using another carrier SIM card.

donny10

Ok, I had my problem solved now by trying different steps. I will register it here because it may help other users in the future.

1 - When I first tried to unlock my Fido Samsung S7 to use another carrier, the unlock code provided by Fido didn't work. The device asked for a Master unlock code. After that, Fido provided me with a second unlock code given by Samsung (it took 3 days to arrive).

2 - Now, with the two codes in hand I finally succeed to unlock my mobile following these steps: 1) I put another SIM card (different carrier) on my phone and turned it off and on. 2) when it asked for the Master unlock code I inserted the second unlock code given by Samsung (via Fido) and it showed "Network unlock successful." and right way asked for a 3) SIM network unlock PIN, in which I used the first unlock code provided by Fido, 8 digits, and not the 4 numbers that the customer service had suggested. It worked!

I hope my explanation was clear. Maybe this case is unique, but it took in total 5 days to be solved, and I felt that Fido service wasn't properly informed to deal with that. 

Thanks for letting us know @donny10

In this case you would need to ask that carrier for their SIM network unlock PIN @donny10 Smiley