cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fido brightstar is a scam. SAVE YOUR MONEY AND STAY AWAY FROM THEM!!

brightstarvict
I'm a participant level 2

I was paying for Fido brightstar device protection for several months. I filed a device protection claim on October 4, 2019. I was told to submit several documents which I did then I was told to submit a proof of purchase which I did and now they say it’s in process and every time I call they say it’ll take 2 business days. It’s almost 60 days and they never get back to me. It’s all a scam to get as much money as possible and delay it for over 60 days so the claim closes. NEVER GET DEVICE PROTECTION. ITS THE WORST. THEY DON’T CONSIDER ANYTHING NOR DO THEY DO ANYTHING. They keep delaying it and pocket their money. SCAMS!! And btw I was a Rogers customer for 4 years and then now a Fido customer for almost a year. 

3 REPLIES 3

FidoPierre
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @brightstarvict

I'm sad to see you had this kind of experience while putting in a claim request for your device. It's unfortunate that there appears to have been some delays while processing your request, but I can assure you that it is a legitimate service. 

Can you tell us when was the last time you contacted them? Since the last time they confirmed it would take 2 business days, did they provide you with any tracking information or email confirmation? 

Keep us posted! 

brightstarvict

Hi @FidoPierre,

I wasn't expecting a response but thank you! They provided me with an escalation number, which they always do and then after their 2 business days policy, same thing as before happens, NOTHING is done about it. Then I call again, speak to another agent, he files another escalation number and we wait and wait. Tomorrow will be 2 business days since my last call and he said they should have an answer for me by tomorrow morning. But again, its a new escalation number and every time they give me an escalation number, after many days they tell me something different. I had to go to Chatr and buy a new sim to use in my old iphone 5s just because of the issues this entire situation has caused. Since the day of my service request, I have not used Fido Services because my sim was lost in the phone and the agent told me I would have a replacement phone within 3-5 business days which I still didn't get. I still don't know whether I'll have my phone replaced or not. If this is a legitimate service, I would appreciate you PM me, we speak about this and find a solution to it. Because not only is that the issue, on top of everything, I'm being billed for Fido's service despite not having a replacement phone.. 

In this case I would usually recommend waiting until you hear back from them tomorrow morning as they'll be the ones with the most up to date information about your service claim. 

I'll send you a PM so we can take a closer look into this together!