cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fido Firmware for vintage razr flip phones

Rainman56
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

Is it possible to get fido firmware to install on old razr flip phones such as the V3,V3xx and V9??? Or can I take my phone into a Fido store and have them lock it to Fido?These old phones only have 6 available slots in websessions so if the phone was locked to another network at one time there isn't enough spots to lock in my fido settings...Even with an "unlocked phone" still not able to send pictures,can only talk and text.

With a phone that was never locked when I put in the Fido sim card it automatically sends a text to download the settings but won't on a previously used phone as the web sessions is full...Manually entering the WAP,Internet,mms setting doesn't wwork either.

There used to be sites that you could get original motorola firmware but those are long gone Sad

1 REPLY 1

FidoPhilippe

Hey @Rainman56! Philippe here. I hope you're doing well. Smiley

We don't offer firmware updates for those phones anymore, as the manufacturer has discontinued them quite a while ago.

I you haven't done so already, a factory reset may free up those slots for you, but I can't say for sure. It may be something worth trying though.

I hope that helps!