Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIdo charged wrong for the device

heyen1111
I'm a participant level 3

HI, 

I ordered one more phone for my son in my account. 

I ordered S9 device ($10 per months) with promotion.

Today, I found that fido charged an amount of  $41.53 for the device price. It supposed the price of $10 for the device price.

Please fix it.

3 REPLIES 3

heyen1111

It was stated $10 per month

heyen1111

Actually $9

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello Heyen1111,

Welcome to the community!

Firstly, since this is a public forum, it's best not to post personal information. You might consider deleting your phone number from your original post.

Was that promotion offer after bill credit? If it was, it's a common misconception that the monthly cost of the phone was reduced. However, that was technically not the case. The device cost shown on the website was calcuated after bill credit. The monthly cost of the phone remained the same but customers were getting a credit on their bill to offset the cost of the phone.

I haven't been able to access that particular promotion on the website, however, I'll use the values you provided. Since the monthly installment for the phone would still be the $41.53 per month, is there a monthly discount of $31.53 which would calculate to the stated $10 per month? I haven't done the calculations in this particular case due to lack of information, but I have provided similar calculations in other posts (see here, here, and here). 

Is it possible your offer was $10 after bill credit?

**edit** If there is a discrepancy, you would need to contact customer services to discuss that matter. Alternatively, you might consider sending @FidoSolutions a PM. Once they verify some information, they'll also be able to access your accounts.**

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers