cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIDO LTE Sim Card not in Database!

Shoey
I'm a participant level 3

Picked up a couple of LTE Sim Cards but can't activate them as they are not in the system. Is Fido aware of this?

***Edited to add labels***

6 REPLIES 6

Shoey

Never mind, got the Sim Card working this morning. Looks like they shipped the cards before they updated their system to support the LTE sims. Got it going in my Lumia 900, speed is fast!

Augmonger
I'm a participant level 2

Hi! Glad to hear that LTE is working on your lumia. Did you just pick up an LTE sim card and everything was good to go? I have a Lumia as well and would love to have LTE running. Thanks!

FidoStephen
Community Manager (Retired)

Hi Augmonger,

Welcome to the community!

Yes, you will just need to pick up an LTE SIM card for $10 at any of our stores or by ordering it online / via customer service. Following the activation of your LTE SIM, you may need to modify the APN from fido-core-appl1.apn to ltemobile.apn.

Let us know how it goes!

Augmonger

I picked up an LTE sim card from a local store. I had it cut into a microsim and inserted it into the lumia 900. I changed the apn to what you told me and the phone worked perfectly! Thank you for all your help. Much appreciated.

Shoey

Sorry I didn't reply earlier been away but it sounds like you figured it out. Smiley I had to do the same thing, after I bought the LTE card I was going to cut it but there is a store in my area that had a cutter so I just had them cut it to a Micro Sim size. Been working great since then....

FidoStephen
Glad to hear!