FIDO LTE Bands Match

Highlighted
I'm a Participant Level 2

FIDO LTE Bands Match

hello,

Ive been doing quite a bit of research and at this point Im still not sure about the following.

Will an international version of Nokia Lumia 920 will work with FIdo LTE?

The bands of the Nokia lumia thats being sold unlocked online are: LTE 800 / 1800 / 2600 / 900 / 2100

Do all of these bands have to match fido's lte bands? or 2100 is enough? 

thank you

Accepted Solution

Re: FIDO LTE Bands Match

Hey everyone, 

I think Cawtau's post Will my phone work on the Fido network might answer all your questions.

Cheers,

And thanks @Cawtau!  

View solution in context
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 1 of 126
Highlighted
I'm a Participant Level 3
I'm a Participant Level 3

I've found a way to use LTE on just the 2600MHz band without AWS or 2100 Band 4. It worked for me

The solution for my South Korean Galaxy S5 Prime (SM-G906S) (SKT, KT, LG U+ all the same) is to set the phone to LTE B7 in the service menu.

To access the service menu, type in 319712358 in your dialpad to access the service menu.

The passwords for:

SKT: 996412
KT: 774632

LG U+: 0821

After that, click on Network Settings --> Network Mode and choose LTE B7

Hope this helps for other Korean phone users!

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 41 of 126
Highlighted
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

@chorong761 wrote:

I've found a way to use LTE on just the 2600MHz band without AWS or 2100 Band 4. It worked for me

The solution for my South Korean Galaxy S5 Prime (SM-G906S) (SKT, KT, LG U+ all the same) is to set the phone to LTE B7 in the service menu.

To access the service menu, type in 319712358 in your dialpad to access the service menu.

The passwords for:

SKT: 996412
KT: 774632

LG U+: 0821

After that, click on Network Settings --> Network Mode and choose LTE B7

Hope this helps for other Korean phone users!

Hello Chorong761,

Very interesting! I'm glad you were able to come up with a solution.

Cheers

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 42 of 126

Hi,

1 -Can you confirm if a Verizon phone (Lumia ICON also know as Lumia 929) will work on the FIDO LTE network?

2 - Will it get full speeds on LTE?

3 -Will I be able to use the HOTSPOT feature to allow my kids to tether to my data package?

What is the LTE bands that FIDO uses today as of November 2014?  Does it use the 700 MHz like Rogers.

Thanks.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 43 of 126
Highlighted

Can I get a response from a moderator please???

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 44 of 126
Highlighted

Hello all,

I just got my Lumia 930...what an amazing phone!..best phone i ever had, camera and the screen are just beautiful..

This is an international, unlocked phone..with 2600 band for LTE. and surprise..surprise it does work on LTE!! It never actually displayes LTE on the top left, it only says 4G or H+..however, with speedtest.net ive been getting spees of 50 or 60 Mbs per second.

All this is great ..but I have been having a major issue. I use a lot of Tunein radio for daily commute (brossard to Laval:(() and..very odd, no matter what radio station i play it stops at exactly 45 s into the play. On Wi fi works fine, so its obviously something with the network. I tried several things..resetting the phone, changing the apn and nothing really worked. I even try to force the phone to only use 3G but this also doesnt seem to work..as the speed test still goes to 40-50Mbs..

In end i found a solution, that involves a major compromise: use the FIDO non LTE apn - Fido-core-appl1.apn

this seems to help with streaming, where tunein stations dont stop playing..but on the downside im only getting now 3-4 Mbs top. 

I just wanted to share with you..in case anyone wonders..and i can confirm that 2600 LTE does work on FIDO.  If anyone has maybe a potential solution..to my issue ..let me know!

thanks,

E.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 45 of 126
Highlighted
I'm a Participant Level 1

Hi, I m going to have a Huawei Mate 7 unlocked phone. It support LTE in

TD-LTE: Band38/39/40/41(100MHz),

LTE FDD: Band1/3/7;

3G: TD-SCDMA: Band34/39;

WCDMA/HSPA+/DC-HSDPA:850/900/1900/2100MHz;

DC-HSPA+ 42Mbps: Band1;

2G: GSM/GPRS/EDGE:

SIM1:850/900/1800/1900MHz,

SIM2:900/1800/1900MHz

Can I able to use it with Fido services?

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 46 of 126
Highlighted
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Here's everything you should know regarding the compatibility and the configuration of an unlocked phone http://bit.ly/FidoUnlockedDevice

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 47 of 126
Highlighted
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

@FidoRachel wrote:
Here's everything you should know regarding the compatibility and the configuration of an unlocked phone http://bit.ly/FidoUnlockedDevice

Hello Rachel,

I believe that page needs updating. Fido/Rogers' LTE bands/frequencies are: Band 4 (AWS, 1700/2100 MHz); Band 7 (2600 MHz); and Band 17 (700 MHz).

Cheers

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 48 of 126
Highlighted

Hi I'm planning to get the htc one (E8) from hong kong, and wonder if this phone is compatible with fido 3G and LTE.

2G/2.5G - GSM/GPRS/EDGE:

• 850/900/1800/1900 MHz

3G - WCDMA:

• 850/1900/2100 MHz with HSPA+ up to 42 Mbps

TD-SCDMA:

• 1900/2100MHz

4G - LTE:

• FDD LTE band: 3/7; TD-LTE band: 38/39/40/41
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 49 of 126
Highlighted

@ccianciu wrote:

Hi,

1 -Can you confirm if a Verizon phone (Lumia ICON also know as Lumia 929) will work on the FIDO LTE network?

2 - Will it get full speeds on LTE?

3 -Will I be able to use the HOTSPOT feature to allow my kids to tether to my data package?

What is the LTE bands that FIDO uses today as of November 2014?  Does it use the 700 MHz like Rogers.

Thanks.

I'm using a verizon phone (Motorola droid mini) on fido and supposedly the 4g/LTE mode is locked to Verizon. I haven't actually tried to unlock it because Verizon's sales staff won't even sell me a full priced phone with out an American address and a Verizon account, I doubt they will help me unlock my phone. I am able to use the internet when I connect to 4g/LTE but I am not able to make calls or send texts. I can receive texts, and calls that are in process do continue if I connect to 4g/LTE, I suspect this is because this phone can access 4g/LTE on 2100 mHz. I tether my phone to my tablet all the time as a mobile hotspot and I don't think I've been charged extra.

Your phone appears to have the same network capabilities as mine. Let me know if you ever manage to get it fully unlocked, I wonder if that's the key to getting the talk and text to work on 4g/LTE.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 50 of 126