Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIDO LTE Bands Match

xtrip
I'm a participant level 2

hello,

Ive been doing quite a bit of research and at this point Im still not sure about the following.

Will an international version of Nokia Lumia 920 will work with FIdo LTE?

The bands of the Nokia lumia thats being sold unlocked online are: LTE 800 / 1800 / 2600 / 900 / 2100

Do all of these bands have to match fido's lte bands? or 2100 is enough? 

thank you

129 REPLIES 129

edge05
I'm a contributor level 2

why would Manitoba be the only province without 2600MHz? every other province in canada does, including newfoundland LOL

edge05

apparently i heard that Sask-Tel and Rogers (fido) have an agreement that Rogers is using sask-tels network in Manitoba.  sask-tel doesnt offer 2600mhz in SASK either, so why would they in Manitoba? hmmm really odd that rogers wouldnt do it

edge05

anything from that list look ok for Fido? 

edge05

i dont see any that show 2600 MHZ for LTE... i see 1900/2100/850 etc...

@edge05 wrote:

i dont see any that show 2600 MHZ for LTE... i see 1900/2100/850 etc...

Hello again,

Just to clarify, the 2100 MHz on that website is not the same as the 2100 MHz listed on your phone. The 2100 MHz on your phone likely refers to band 1, whereas the '2100 MHz' listed on the website would refer to band 4. It should more appropriately be listed as 1700/2100 MHz or 1700 MHz. Regardless, that phone still would only have one compatible LTE band/frequency.

Hope this helps Smiley

Cheers

FidoJudhy
Former Moderator
Former Moderator
Hey xtrip!

You do need AWS to gain access to the LTE network.

ccianciu

Hi,

1 -Can you confirm if a Verizon phone (Lumia ICON also know as Lumia 929) will work on the FIDO LTE network?

2 - Will it get full speeds on LTE?

3 -Will I be able to use the HOTSPOT feature to allow my kids to tether to my data package?

What is the LTE bands that FIDO uses today as of November 2014?  Does it use the 700 MHz like Rogers.

Thanks.

Amanda_B

@ccianciu wrote:

Hi,

1 -Can you confirm if a Verizon phone (Lumia ICON also know as Lumia 929) will work on the FIDO LTE network?

2 - Will it get full speeds on LTE?

3 -Will I be able to use the HOTSPOT feature to allow my kids to tether to my data package?

What is the LTE bands that FIDO uses today as of November 2014?  Does it use the 700 MHz like Rogers.

Thanks.

I'm using a verizon phone (Motorola droid mini) on fido and supposedly the 4g/LTE mode is locked to Verizon. I haven't actually tried to unlock it because Verizon's sales staff won't even sell me a full priced phone with out an American address and a Verizon account, I doubt they will help me unlock my phone. I am able to use the internet when I connect to 4g/LTE but I am not able to make calls or send texts. I can receive texts, and calls that are in process do continue if I connect to 4g/LTE, I suspect this is because this phone can access 4g/LTE on 2100 mHz. I tether my phone to my tablet all the time as a mobile hotspot and I don't think I've been charged extra.

Your phone appears to have the same network capabilities as mine. Let me know if you ever manage to get it fully unlocked, I wonder if that's the key to getting the talk and text to work on 4g/LTE.

ccianciu

Can I get a response from a moderator please???

azn_dan
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

This HTC One unlocked version comes with: 32GB of onboard memory and is SIM unlocked. 
- HSPA/WCDMA: 850/1900/2100 MHz 
- GSM/GPRS/EDGE: 850/900/1800/1900 MHz 
- LTE: 700/850/AWS/1900 MHz (US)

will that work on the FIDO network with full LTE speeds?

FidoStephen
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

@azn_dan wrote:

This HTC One unlocked version comes with: 32GB of onboard memory and is SIM unlocked. 

Hi azn_dan,

Unfortunately it will not work on our LTE network as that phone does not support the bands we use (2100 and 2600).

MassDeduction
@FidoStephen wrote:

@azn_dan wrote:

Hi azn_dan,

Unfortunately it will not work on our LTE network as that phone does not support the bands we use (2100 and 2600).

I know that this is an old comment, but the info "FidoStephen" provided is incorrect so I thought I'd reply anyway.  When the phone says it supports "AWS" it is referring to the 1700/2100 band.  You then reply that FIdo only does 2100 and 2600, but the 2100 you refer to is AWS which the OP said the phone supports.  So yes, this phone would work fine with Fido LTE.  In the intervening years, Rogers Communications has also rolled out band 17 so that phone will work on two of Fido's three LTE frequencies now.

@MassDeduction wrote:
@FidoStephen wrote:

@azn_dan wrote:

Hi azn_dan,

I know that this is an old comment, but the info "FidoStephen" provided is incorrect so I thought I'd reply anyway.  When the phone says it supports "AWS" it is referring to the 1700/2100 band.  You then reply that FIdo only does 2100 and 2600, but the 2100 you refer to is AWS which the OP said the phone supports.  So yes, this phone would work fine with Fido LTE.  In the intervening years, Rogers Communications has also rolled out band 17 so that phone will work on two of Fido's three LTE frequencies now.

Hello MassDeduction,

Welcome to the forums!

Just to clarify, that phone may have two of the three Fido/Rogers frequencies. I would agree that the phone in question would be compatible with AWS (1700/2100MHz, band 4). However, having 700MHz doesn't necessarily imply band 17.

Without knowing which 'band' the 700MHz refers to, it is not possible to determine whether it would be compatible with the network. For example, the specifications listed suggest it is a phone from the US. Both T-Mobile and Verizon use 700MHz on bands which are not Fido/Rogers compatible (bands 12 and 13, respectively).

Cheers

@FidoStephen wrote:

@azn_dan wrote:

Hi azn_dan,

Hello,

I'm confused. Azn_dan's phone lists AWS as supported even though 2100 is not specifically mentioned. AWS is technically band 4 or 1700/2100 so shouldn't that phone work on the LTE network since it has also been noted on here that AWS is required to get on the LTE network?

Mokaval
I'm a participant level 3

I have a phone with this configuration

GSM:850/900/1800/1900

WCDMA: 900/2100

4 G LTE: 1800/2600

It seems to be appropriate on Fido Network

It is really slow when using the net.

Why?

Fernand

Wufai
I'm qualified level 3
I'm qualified level 3

What specific phone are you using? and where do you live?

You need to set your phone to enable the LTE frequency in your phone.  If it is running at LTE you should have fast interent connection of 30+Mps. the top bar of the phone should tell you want network you are using. If your phone is running at 2G. it will be very slow.

The reason you are getting 2G is ether you didn't enable your phone or your location is poor LTE coverage.

Mokaval
It is a Jolla phone, forgot to say

Wufai
I'm qualified level 3
I'm qualified level 3
Your 'jolla' phone doesn't support LTE 2600 until Q2 2014, and your phone doesn't have 3G bandwidth that matches Fido. So as of now, you can only use the slow 2G until an update is avaliable.

You have to contact Jolle for update status, what you are looking for is LTE 2600Mhz.

Proac
I'm qualified level 1
I'm qualified level 1
Wow so you're the one guy with a Jolla phone? JK. I have to ask WHY? You just like to swim against the tide? Curious what you payed for your phone.

Mike

Mokaval
Many reasons to have a Jolla. First, always been a Nokia user. I was at the end with N9, which has still a much better user interface than Android and Iphone. The same with the Jolla phone, with its gesture user interface. Just imagine the number of actions one has to perform using a Iphone or an Android machine, compared to a Jolla. I already have an Iphone 5s, with 64G (which we cannot use, except if you install Itools on a Windows Pc. Another good reason. With the Jolla, I added a 64G memory card. I ordered the phone via a collegue which step mother lives in France. Paid, with the envoice about 625$ cdn.

Mokaval
It is effectively set to 2G. How come?