cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does the $200 savings work when upgrading the phone online?

alabalaportocal
I'm a participant level 1

Hi

In regards to this offer

Limited time offer: $200 in savings! Get a $140 bill credit when you upgrade online today to a new smartphone on financing + the $60 Setup Service Fee is waived! Credit will appear on your 2nd or 3rd invoice.

I am tryhing that, picked a new phone from the list (for reference, it's iPhone 14), but on the deal's details page, I'm only seeing this, there is no mention of that $140 credit. Please help me understand what's going on, thank you!

Your Purchase Includes
  • Save $60 on the Setup Service Fee when you activate any device online
  • Satisfaction Guarantee - Your online purchase is worry free with our 30-day return policy
  • Includes $10.00/mo. payment program promotion credit (appears on bill under 'Monthly charges')
4 REPLIES 4

Kdub

I'm going through the EXACT same thing except I upgraded to an iPhone 15 Pro. What a runaround! When I called after 3 months wondering why the $140 credit hadn't yet been credited to my account, the agent explained that the $140 was disbursed over the financing. How does this make sense?  $10 per month x 24 months is $240, NOT $140. In the ad, there's no mention of a disbursement scheme. It clearly states that "credit" (singular)  will appear  in your 2nd OR 3rd invoice--not, it bears mentioning, the first, second , third. [...] and twenty-fourth invoice. Another agent said  the promotion was only for NEW activations, but the promo clearly advertises UPGRADE. At best the wording is VERY misleading.
It seems Fido is doing all it can to renege on the offer. It's starting to feel like the delay in credit is in place so clients will forget or will have trouble redeeming it. Whether this is true, I kinda feel like I'm being gaslit with this promotion.. I've talked with THREE agents so far and no one has even acknowledged that such an offer existed.  I'm not glad that other customers are experiencing this same problem, but it does help relieve the feeling that I'm going crazy. 
I've been with Fido for years, but it hardly feels like they value loyalty.

Hey @Kdub

Welcome to the community! 

I'm sorry to learn about the ongoing situation with the promotional credit. We do have a rotation of different deals, some being on targeted basis and other could be reserved for new lines. That said, any eligible promotions you can get would usually reflect directly on your account and even on fido.ca! 

That being said, we can definitely look into the ongoing situation with you and work towards a resolution.

Please contact us via our many customer services points here and we'll gladly review this together!

Pkcollins

I am having the same problem. Did you have it resolved?

FidoNajat

Hey @alabalaportocal! Please feel free to contact us so we can take a closer look at your account.