How do you disable a voicemail access code? Iphone 6+

***Edited to add labels***

5 REPLIES 5

FidoPierre
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @Bob32

Welcome to the Community. Smiley 

Are you looking to reset your voicemail access code or to disable the voicemail altogether? 

Bob32
I'm a participant level 2
I'm a participant level 2

No. I'm  not looking to reset it. I'm looking to disable it so I don't have to enter a voicemail access code to get my phone messages.

Hey @Bob32 !  Just to make sure that I get this right Smiley You'd like to use the visual voicemail for iPhone and not have to hold and press the number 1 key to access your voicemail? If this is correct, you must be connected to Fido's data in order for you to access the visual voicemail, if not it will prompt you to enter your access code by holding and pressing the number 1 key. Does this make sense?

soleilcaliente
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

What Bob is saying isn't that hard to understand, and I'd like to know how too ... how do you listen to your voicemails without having to enter your code? Another way of putting it is: how do you disable your access code? Another way to describe it is: After you hold "1" to access your voicemail, I'd like it to go straight to the voicemails without entering a code. Does that make sense?

Hello @soleilcaliente,

Welcome to the community!

You can not disable the access code that's there for security, however, you can modify the way the access code is entered after you press 1 and it dials the voicemail.

I'm an Android user I can't guarantee it will work the same way on iPhones, you will have the navigate to the settings for the phone app find voicemail then modify the number the number my phone dials is +15877370210 and your access code is 1234 you will need to insert a pause after the voicemail number then your access code so it looks like this +15877370210,1234 so next time you press 1 it will take a quick pause and your access code will be entered and go straight to your voicemail.

Sometimes you will need to put 2 pauses but 1 works just fine for me.