Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Device Protection Plan

MC16
I'm a participant level 2

Hi all

when we put premium protection plan, if its a false claim i wouldv've done right away won't wait too long after 2 years when i claim offering the phone that is almost half the price than my phone what i paid the premium. When i said I'm not taking it they said they will escalate it, I'm an essestial worker and have a 2 year at home and this is the only mode of communication I got and take forevery to solve the issue dont understand what kind of service they got. They may have to tell the customer that when they claim they won't get  the same value only half price phone and its our money and who is taking it as granted. Dont understand. 

Madura

3 REPLIES 3

MC16

Hello Leave that now they are not even taking next step on my case, they took my money from my card but asking so many documents for the phone not even worth of 500 dollars. and more over fido sold me this service for more than 15 year customer a very un professional service and if they dont want to deal with it they are putting us on hold or hanging up on us. Please dont sell this to your clients who trust and take the service who they dont know that is Bright Star. I'm filing a case against them for sure. They dont even a contact number or detail where to file a official complaints 

Hey @MC16,

I can understand why you are not happy about this situation. We would be happy to go over your account to go over this situation with you.

Feel free to contact us here and we'll be happy to help you. Alternatively, we can send you a PM here on the community.

Let us know! 😊

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello MC16,

Welcome to the community!

What do you mean by same value? As per the device protection:

Your device will be replaced with a wireless device of like kind and quality with comparable features and functionality to the Protected Device and may be new or reconditioned. ~taken from here.

The phone you receive should be comparable to the one which is protected. Was the phone you received of lesser quality than your protected phone?

On the other hand, if you're upset that your phone has depreciated in value over the two years and wanted to get a current model, that's not quite how insurance works.

In addition, in case you weren't aware, there is a replacement processing fee. The cost of that fee depends on the MSRP of the protected device (see link above).

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers