So If anyone uses the OS Upgrade schedule to determine when to frantically hit the check for update button, don't bother. While everyone knows the projected release dates can be very fluid, pobodies nerfect, and they can be delayed. Currently Oreo is showing up as fully released for the Huawei P10 for example, and it is not. According to live chat it isn't even in staged rollout at this time. I suspected there was an issue when the page for the R W (you know who I mean) network still showed it as coming soon. Being months behind in the release schedule really grinds my gears. Being many months behind in security patches really smashes those gears with a hammer. I can appreciate that Fido wants to take the time to confirm compatibility with device, OS, and network - but I can appreciate even more the device I use for banking, holding all my contact info, and personal information being kept protected against known threats. Side note, if anyone is thinking of grabbing the P10 or any Huawei devices, know that they no longer officially support bootloader unlocking - for the forseeable future.
Solved! Go to Solution.
I believe you are referring to this OS Upgrade schedule. Correct?
If we refer to this, the device manufacturer (Huawei) should have begun rolling out the update to our customers with a Huawei P10 over the air indeed.
I completely agree with you. The security of your private information is very important. I can assure you that it's protected no matter your current operating system. Also, as soon as it's available to your device, you should receive a notification.
We understand also that this delay is not ideal. It's also crucial that the update is ready for your phone. Let us know if you have any other questions regarding this.
Hey @MattinToronto, thanks for the flag. My apologies - I misread the date for the full rollout, which will be completed by May 10.
I've updated the schedule.
So as late as last night, your schedule said the update was scheduled for today for the Samsung A20. I just checked again and now it says tomorrow. I'm sure we dont know if that's going to get delayed another day do we? I was getting real excited when I first found out today was the day.
Hi @AmeriCanuck - there was a slight delay in the process, but everything is on track for it to go out tomorrow on the 23. I'll update this thread if anything comes up.