cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data not working

lytranbaotram
I'm a participant level 2

I have my note 8 international version. My data worked well until Monday. Although it on, it didn't show up in my phone. I tried everything, changed my APN, reset my phone, take out and put in the sim many times but nothing works.

What should I do now?

4 REPLIES 4

FidoNick
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @lytranbaotram!

Did you get your data to work? If so, what happened exactly?

Keep us posted!

lytranbaotram

Last Sunday I tried to take out the sim card and put it back. The data come back like usual. Then Thursday, I stayed at home and didn't go out to use the data. Friday my phone cannot connect to data anymore until today. What should I do now? 

Hello Lytranbaotram,

Welcome to the community!

Just to clarify, what did you mean by International version. There are a number of versions of the Note 8 which could be considered International and may or may not have adequate compatible bands/frequencies (see here).

In addition, I understand you changed the APN, just to verify it's using the proper APN. Since the phone is LTE-capable, it should be using ltemobile.apn. You can verify those settings here.

I understand your phone has been able to use data intermittently. However, have you tried to enable roaming data on the phone? Occasionally, some phones frome elsewhere think they are roaming even though they are using a local SIM.

I also understand you have removed and replaced the SIM numerous times. Have you had a chance to test your SIM in a different phone? Have you had a chance to test another SIM in your phone?

Hope this helps Smiley

Cheers

FidoThomas
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @lytranbaotram,

Welcome to the Community Smiley

Hmmm, seems like you havre already done the basic troubleshooting steps! 

Do you have another phone you could try the SIM card in? If you are able to connect to the Internet with it, then the issue would come from the phone. If it still doesn't connect to the Internet, we would need to investigate further the matter on our side.

Let us know!