Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Certified Pre-Owned (Like New)

Christiner5
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

Hello,

Can you guys tell me what condition certified pre-own like new entails? I'm getting an iPhone 12 Pro Max (like-new) and was wondering what condition any of your "like new" phones were like. Was there any scratches? Battery life? Etc. 

Thanks! 

5 REPLIES 5

Fjaf
I'm a contributor level 1
I'm a contributor level 1

Same situation with battery health 90%, and all the help from several support agents were to return phone. This is false advertising unless it mentions the battery health life in their description for certified iphones. They sent me a second phone with battery life 84%.

Edcde
I'm a participant level 2

I was advised by two Fido reps that like new means the phone was returned within 30 days, but the phone I received only had 88% battery. How can this be?

Hey @Edcde, Alex here! 

The iPhone 12 series was released in October of 2020, so about 2 and a half years ago. The particular phone you have yourself could have been produced at any point since then. 

Because of that, the maximum capacity of the battery will not remain at 100%, it's perfectly normal that it goes down over time. I would recommend to check the article Apple has on their website, it explains this in much more detail. 

See here

Edcde

I also had two like new iPhone 12 Pro phones shipped and BOTH had 88% battery? How can this be if they were returned to Fido within 30 days?

KAPABLE-K
MVP MVP
MVP

Hello @Christiner5,

Welcome to the community!

Please see here for the official details for Certified Pre-Owned devices.