cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can you cancel a new phone plan before receiving the phone?

JH18
I'm a participant level 2
I'm a participant level 2

Hello there,

Over the holidays, my Iphone X's screen stopped working. Part of the screen had become unresponsive to touch. I was told by a third party phone repair company that it would cost $150 to fix. Meanwhile, Fido was having Boxing week sales, so I ended up ordering a new Iphone 12 mini with an even cheaper plan than I had with the X.

However, as I awaited the delivery of the Iphone 12, I discovered that Apple was able to fix the screen issue on my X for  free (under this warranty program), which I did. Now that I have my old phone back in working order, I am wondering whether I can cancel the new phone/plan now. I was past my two year contract on my X, so I presume I could switch it to a BYOP plan.

If someone could tell me about the cancellation/return policy on new phones, I would really appreciate it.

Thank you,

Jessica

1 REPLY 1

FidoJonathan

Hey @JH18! Welcome to the community! 

To be eligible for a refund, you would need to return purchased equipment in "like new" condition, including all original parts, components, and packaging. In addition, you must remove all device passwords and account locks, where applicable. Please keep in mind that as per our policy, we can only complete returns within 30 days of the date the order was shipped when purchased by phone or online, or within 15 days of activation when purchased in store.

You can reach out to us through any of our support channels and we will be able to assist you with the return.