Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buying a phone online

sg150395
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

Hi,

I am trying to buy a phone, but I want my current plan to be chosen. When I build my plan, I cannot select the existing plan; instead, it shows me different options to select from, Is there a way I can select my current plan or not?

Thanks,

sahil

1 REPLY 1

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello Sg150395,

Welcome to the community!

The answer to your question might depend on the type of plan you have. If your contract is nearing its end (or has ended) or you have a BYOP plan, it's likely you have a subsidised plan. You should note that Fido has recently switched from their old subsidy model to a financed Payment Program. With the subsidised plans, the cost of devices was incorporated into the cost of plans (ie Small, Medium, Large, etc). With the new model, the cost of devices is separate from the cost of plans.

If you have a subsidised plan, you would likely need to get a new plan in order to finance a device since the old subsidised plans are not compatible with the new financed model. If you wished to keep your current plan, you would need to purchase a device outright. If you are unable to make the outright purchase online, you might need to contact customer service to place the order.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers