cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blackberry Key 2LE & Wi-Fi Calling

Davian
I'm a participant level 2

I bought a new Blackberry Key 2LE in August (not from Fido) and no real concerns until today. I really need Wi-Fi calling for when I'm on an extensive cruise next winter, specifically so I can receive two-step verification codes from my credit card company. However, when the assistant at a Toronto store tried to help me out we got the following message: "Looks like your device isn't eligible for Wi-Fi Calling. Reach us etc." The option is certainly there on the phone. Does this mean I would have to move service from Fido to another carrier to be able to use Wi-Fi Calling?

3 REPLIES 3

FidoRanya
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @Davian ,    

Wi-Fi calling is not supported on Android devices that are not purchased from Fido. You can find out more about phone compatibility here.

We'd hate to see you go over this, Wi-Fi calling services are dependent on the device capabilities. We work with device manufacturers to bring this capability to our customers and currently offer it on most devices in the market. We will continue to work with more manufacturers so we can bring this capability to even more devices.

Davian

Disappointing to hear that Ranya but thank you for responding. Is Blackberry even on your list of manufacturers worked with?

FidoRanya
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

No worries, that's what we're here for @Davian

Right now we don't have information however if it becomes available for non-fido devices in the future we'll update this thread!