cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BlackBerry KEYone

kmteacher
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

I want to also state that it would be a shame to leave Fido when my plan comes up for renewal next month.  I have been a Blackberry user for years and would like to continue with Fido.

I feel customer loyalty is very important and should be rewarded.  I would like to be able to stay with Fido and have the new Blackberry.

Hoping this can happen.

5 REPLIES 5

FidoNick
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @kmteacher!

Welcome to the Community Smiley

We always want to have a vast device selection for our customers and we do our best to carry as many of the phones our customers want as we can!

That said, if there's ever any changes, then Fido.ca will be updated. In terms of the BlackBerry KEYone, we'll definitely be passing along your feedback to the team in charge Smiley 

Keep in mind you can always purchase the phone directly from Blackberry and use it on our network.

peterkalicki
I'm a contributor level 1

Oh he can, but then he will lose the ability to use WiFi Calling, VoLTE, and HD Voice.

I am using a BlackBerry DTEK60 (also confirmed on my friends KEYone on fido) and after escalating to the "office of the president" it's confirmed it won't work on non-fido purchased devices since Fido will not white list the IMEI

Not to mention Fido still doesn't natively support Visual Voicemail on Android, even though it's baked in to the OS. (Yes I know VVM+ was a flop since the app was poorly coded by whomever Fido hired to make a standalone app for android)

Metriadi

I think that's a disbenefit to using an unlocked device bought from Amazon. I have a Dtek50 and I am moving up to a Dtek60. I am preparing myself for the same problems i faced with the 50. The problem with Fido (let's not fault them alone, every other carrier is the same) is that they don't sell stock Android phones. No one wants to use a LG, Samsung or Huawei POS because they have bloatware-a-thon built into their OS and slows their performance. A Nokia or Blackberry with nearly stock OS would have been awesome but no, instead we are stuck with stupid "Launchers" and poorly faced version of "Android Messages"

ravedave2
I'm helpful level 3
I'm helpful level 3

why not get a Pixel from fido then?

or get any android phone and simply download Android Messenges if thats what you like? (there are many superior apps for that so i don't see why you would...)

also, if you dont like samsungs or lgs launcher, just download another one?

its android, not ios.

Hey peterkalicki!

Sadly, as much as we wish it was the case, it's not simply an case of 'whitelisting' and IMEI so that it those services will become available for your device. We're honestly not able to guarantee that any of the services will be compatible with your device unless that device was purchased from Fido. 

While we do not currently offer a Visual Voicemail option for Android, or other, devices, our Premium Voicemail-to-Text is a great alternative. This feature allows you to listen and/or read you voice messages in any order without needing to call in to your voicemail to check you messages as an audio file and a transcribed text are sent to your phone's text messaging inbox via MMS.