cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Back ordered

onizuka
I'm a participant level 1

I've ordered a new phone a month ago now. The day I ordered it, it said they had it stocked.... 2 days later it said it was out of stock and back ordered. I called multiple time and they kept saying I'd receive it "in 3-5 days" and to call back if not... I am really disappointed because my current phone is dying. I thought calling would give me an answer but it confused me more than anything... I also don't want to cancel the order, I just want the phone!

8 REPLIES 8

Clyd3
I'm a participant level 2
I'm a participant level 2

We're on the same boat. Been 2 months already and the phone I ordered is still out of stock but if you check online it doesn't say out of stock as if they want you to cancel your order specially when you got get on promotion.

Hey @Clyd3! We definitely understand how it can be disappointing to have to wait longer than expected for your order. Many of our phones are in extremely high demand at the moment and we're doing our best to keep up! Keep in mind that you won't be charged your monthly device cost before your phone is shipped!

Gia10

Same as here. I have to wait 2 months. When I contacted customer service, they said I should cancel the order and order new ones or buy them from the store.

Just because Fido cannot fulfil my order and I have to cancel my order. It's nonsense

Hello @Gia10,

I'm sorry to hear receiving your device is taking longer than expected. If you wish to have your device earlier and purchase it from a store or select another device, that is definitely your choice. Though some devices are in very high demand and we must wait for more to be in stock in order for us to send it to you.

Feel free to reach out via these methods if you need help. 

FidoVanessa

Hey @onizuka

We know how important it is to be able to receive your new phone as fast as possible. When a device is backordered, the delays can vary, depending on how fast we receive new stock.

You can always reach out to us to see if the device is available in another color or if you would like to review your options. 

MohinaGirgla

Same thing has happened to me. They told me it'll ship in 2-5 days and I should wait for their email but it's been 2 weeks and I haven't received anything. I was told that I should have ordered it in store so basically pay extra $50 fee which is stupid 

Reza21

Same here. I guess the policy is killing time until we give up and accept to cancel or switch to another phone plan. It seems the orders were far beyond their expectations and they cannot make all. 

Lindkr
I'm a contributor level 2
I'm a contributor level 2

Meanwhile Apple has a back order problem too: they say they can't deliver an iPhone in 2 hours. Might be wise to look at Apple's site and consider any alternative you may be able to do.