cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BRIGHTSTAR insurance is the worst service imaginable

Diana_K
I'm a participant level 3

Brightstar has so far sent me 4 replacement phones! The first two did not work. Touch screen issues. The third one was not compatible with my SIM card and the fourth is 16GB instead of the 64 GB that my original phone had! 

I am so tired and frustrated. I have been strugling to get a proper replacement phone for over a month. I have spent many hours talking to customer service and the managers, everytime I called them to tell them they sent me a faulty phone they made me go to a repair store first to see if they can fix it! FIX A PHONE THEY JUST SENT ME. Let that sink in. 

I am filing a consumer protection complaint and going to contact my journalist friend at the CBC. Don't know what else to do. 

8 REPLIES 8

Danno1960
I'm a participant level 2
I'm a participant level 2

had no issues with Brightstar-impeccable service and got my new iphone 8 in days -you need to relax and chill, lile Kool McKoll haha

Diana_K

I'll trade you my 4 broken ones for your one working one. Then, I'll go chill and you can go mind your own business.

FidoPhilippe

Hey Diana_K! Welcome to the community. Smiley

I'm sad to read about your experience with Brightstar. I can certainly understand your frustration having gone through all that!

We'd be happy to take a look at all this with you, if you like. If you're interested, let us know and we'll send you a PM. Smiley

Diana_K

Yes please. I have now been charged for one of the phones even though I have sent them back! And, I need to replace the last phone you sent since it is 16GB and not the 64 GB I originally paid for!! I would love to talk to someone that can help me.

Hey @Diana_K

I'll send you a PM.  Talk to you soon! Smiley

Diana_K

HI,

I am still waiting for an email from you. 

Thank you

Hi @Diana_K,

We sent you a PM here, on the community. 

Talk soon! 

Diana_K

So after 6 private messages answering your questions you tell me you spoke to brightstar and that "I should have no problem getting a phone that will work". 

I have my doubts since the last 4 out of 4 devices I was sent DID NOT WORK.

You are not helpfull at all and wasted my time.