Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple Watch

AngLad
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

Hi

hey Fido hey community

i just got an Apple Watch and found out Fido service cannot be paired with the watch making it useless. Is there any very near future plan to fix this or do I need to change carriers?

1 REPLY 1

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello AngLad,

Welcome to the community!

As you are aware, Fido does not currently support cellular services for the Apple Watch. While Apple recently added a new feature with regards to how the Apple Watch may function (ie Family Set-up support), the watches still need specific Apple Watch plans. Generic data-only or Tablet plans will not work.

The plans for the Apple Watches need to be set-up by the associated iPhones (see here and here).

To my knowledge, none of the flanker brands offer Apple Watch plans either (see here). Unfortunately, I think it's rather unlikely for Fido to offer cellular support for smart watches. In order to keep costs relatively lower, the different flanker levels offer different services (see here). If you would like cellular services for your Apple Watch, I think you would need to switch to one of the parent providers.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers