cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple Watch in 2022?

jbasapatel
I'm a participant level 1

Fido, It's 2022. After buying an apple watch and paying almost 150 extra for cellular I am shocked and extremely dissapointed to hear Fido does not work with Apple Watches on LTE. Any plans for when this is going to happen? This is extremely infuriating. Time to put your big boy pants on!

6 REPLIES 6

mohamedkabbaj
I'm a contributor level 1
I'm a contributor level 1

I stoped to work with fido i choose bell same price like fido and super happy now, i pay only 5$ more for esim apple watch 

mril777

I have been a Fido customer for 25 years and am tired of the "flanker brand" excuse for not offering features like Apple Watch Cellular. Virgin Plus, the Bell equivalent of Fido, is now offering Apple Watch cellular brands. If Fido doesn't offer Apple Watch cellular by the time Apple Watch 8 is released, I will be be, reluctantly, switching to Virgin Plus. 

khouya
I'm qualified level 1
I'm qualified level 1

Hi @mril777 

I think its a good idea for fido to sell apple watch. I purchased one last week Apple Watch SE at "The source" store cause fido doesnt offer it. But if fido offer it, i make my purchase at Fido, but right now its too late. Fido should offers more products. I have the same idea,

Have a nice day Smiley

hueofblue

Surely if a low cost carrier such as Freedom Mobile can offer it, so can Fido.

Hello Hueofblue,

Welcome to the community!

Firstly, I should note that I don't know whether there are any intentions for Fido to carry the Apple Watch. That information would be provided on Fido.ca.

@hueofblue wrote:

Surely if a low cost carrier such as Freedom Mobile can offer it,....

I understand sompe people think of Freedom as being a low cost carrier. However, their lesser cost likely reflects lesser services offered. They are only a regional provider, as reflected by the limited data on their Nationwide network (roaming on other providers).

I also understand Freedom mobile is often thought of as a flanker brand. However, that isn't exactly the case. Yes, Freedom is owned by Shaw. Though, with regards to mobile services, Freedom can be viewed as a parent rather than flanker. Shaw Mobile is actually a MNVO of Freedom Mobile (see here). 

While it might be possible to bundle Shaw Mobile and Shaw services (similiar to Big Three), their services might not include all the offerings from their parent. The Apple Watch is one such scenario. Similar to the other flanker brands, Shaw Mobile does not offer Apple Watches (see here).

It's difficult to make direct comparisons since Shaw, Freedom, and Shaw Mobile have muddied the lines between the traditional Parent and Flanker relationship.

Again, I don't know whether there are any intentions for Fido to offer the Apple Watch and associated plans in the future. Apparently, one of the other traditional flanker brand providers has announced that they will offer those services. If Fido chooses to follow suit, that information would be available on Fido.ca

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello Jbasapatel,

Happy New Year and Welcome to the Community!

I understand there is interest in support for Apple Watches. However, I think it's rather unlikely they will offer Apple Watches or their associated plans in the near future. As far as I am aware, none of the flanker brands offer smartwatch plans (see here). To keep costs relatively lower, the different provider tiers usually offer different services. The flanker brands don't get premium options like 5G, data sharing, or bundling, but their plans are often the best balance of price and features (taken from here). Carrying specialty items like smartwatch or Apple Watches and their associated plans would be considered a premium option as well.

While Fido (as well as the other flanker brands) have currently decided not to offer smartwatches and associated plans, that does not mean they won't offer them in the future. However, if they do, no one here would be privy to that information before it gets announced on Fido.ca

Hope this helps 🎉

Cheers