cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding a phone with my BYOP plan

Jumer
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

Hello. Can anyone guide me on how to add a phone plan with my existing BYOP plan? Thanks

1 REPLY 1

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello Jumer,

Welcome to the community!

Could you please clarify whether you're trying to finance a new phone or add a new plan? If you're interested in financing a new phone, you should note that Fido has now switched from their subidised plans to a financed payment program for new devices. If you are unable to select a phone with your current BYOP plan, it's possible your old plan is not compatible with the new financed model. If that is the case, you would need to switch to a new plan in order to finance a new phone. On the other hand, you would be able to keep your BYOP plan if you purchased your new phone outright.

If you would like to discuss whether your current plan is compatible with the new financing model, you would need to contact customer service as they would need access to your account. Alternatively, you might consider sending @FidoSolutions a PM. Once they verify some information, they'll also be able to access your account.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers