Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accepting Montreal incoming call from abroad

tommy23
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

Hi!

I am currently outside of Canada and accepted an incoming call from a Montreal number that was quite long. I have a Fido Pulse-10 GB Large so I was wondering whether or not I will be charged for accepting this call, even though it was a Montreal number and was incoming not outgoing, as I would for using data within the '$12/day' roaming scheme or whether it would just fall under the unlimited minutes I have with my Fido plan? 

1 REPLY 1

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello Tommy23,

Welcome to the community!

Since you are currently outside of Canada, any usage (talk, text, or data) would be considered roaming. That includes incoming calls from Canada. I believe your plan would include Fido Roam. As such, you would have incurred the daily roaming charge for accepting that call. The fee for Fido Roam would depend on your location (see here). You should note that calls back to Canada as well as within your destination Country would be included with Fido Roam. However, calls to other locations would be additional long distance.

On the other hand, if you opted-out of Fido Roam, the charge for accepting that call would have been on a per minute, pay-per-use basis.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers