Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

5G on Phones

Alann-22
I'm a participant level 3

Hi,

So I just ordered an iPhone 12, one thing that made me decide to go for it is because of their 5G capability. I know the model have 5G already, but does the phones supported for 5G as well at Fido? I read an article that it's not available yet and it will be available on the year of 2021, is this true?

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4

XSiS

I though Rogers the mother company will share their 5G by them but looks like no or yet no. they have a really good ofers now may I switch to them & cancel my pointless reservation. so far I'm really not happy with their talking in the air about position in the line.

Hey @XSiS Smiley

Rogers does offer 5G network, and we don't provide it for now.

However, rest assured 5G devices are compatible with Fido’s existing LTE network, and we are continuing to invest in our network to enhance speed and coverage, delivering a strong connection.

You can find more information here !

We'd hate to see you go, so please don't hesitate to contact us if you need help with your account.

NaliniR
I'm qualified level 1
I'm qualified level 1

Hi @Alann-22,

Welcome to the Fido community!

Currently, Fido does not offer 5g services if/when they do it will be announced on the website at fido.ca. 

yriyadh
I'm a contributor level 1
I'm a contributor level 1

lots of companies offering iphone but it seems only bell, telus and rogers has 5g rightnow in canada. no one else.