cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2019 Samsung Galaxy LTE 10.1 tablet phone???

Mikeej8
I'm a contributor level 2

🙄i have a samsung phone with Fido and 8  gig plan...I bought Galaxy LTE tablet..im pretty surethe sim out of cell would insert and then i could use my tablet,but its a bit large to put in hip pocket...i want to use the tablet as a phone some times with wi fi and rarely if need be with data,toooo expensive. But to do all this Im assuming i need another sim card from Fido to use in tablet but not another phone number. If i get another sim card can it be assigned to my existing number to use for wireless or data calls,guy at Conestogo Mall said no...and wanted $10 after standing inline for 30 minutes on my cane just recovering from a stroke !!! So whats the story???Pulling my existing sim back and forth is not going to work for me since it would be insane for a normal person with 2 hands since my left hand is paralyzed.Thanks for listening to a old man!!🙁

3 REPLIES 3

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello Mikeej8,

At least in North America, it's not possible to have two SIMs with the same phone number. If you purchased a new SIM, once activated, it will deactivate the old SIM. For your situation, Fido does offer a Tablet plan. I understand you may not wish to add another plan, however, it would be the only way other than manually switching the SIM between devices.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers

Mikeej8

thank you...thats what i was afraid of....i clicked on tablet plans..maybe i didnt look deep enough,i dont want to buy tablet i just did...do i need to go into Fido store? i dont want to be spending money on data..just use wifi...🤔

Hello again,

The details about the Tablet plan were near the bottom of the that page. However, adding a Tablet plan can only be done by customer service as there are requirements which need to be met. If you did not wish to go to a Fido store, you would need to contact customer service. Alternatively, you might consider sending @FidoSolutions a PM. Once they verify some information, they'll also be able to access your account.

Another option might be to tether your tablet to your phone. Many phones have the option to create a Wifi-hotspot. Once created, your tablet could connect to your phone via Wifi. I do understand this option means that you would need to carry both devices, though.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers