Did you mean: 

unlocking

vivek79
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

dear sir

i am going to india for few days, could you tell how can i unlock my iphn 4s

so i can able to use in india for 2 montths

other wise i have to new phn which is not affordable and i can not afford romaning charge

i wana use indian sim in my iphn 4 s

vivek

***Edited to add labels***

2 REPLIES 2

Amanda1
Fido Employee
Fido Employee

@vivek79 wrote:

dear sir

i am going to india for few days, could you tell how can i unlock my iphn 4s

so i can able to use in india for 2 montths

other wise i have to new phn which is not affordable and i can not afford romaning charge

i wana use indian sim in my iphn 4 s

vivek

Hey Guys!

I just saw this and I thought I'd update this in case anyone else comes across it. Smiley Here is the current unlocking policy from Fido.ca: 

If you have purchased a Fido device from us, you will be able to unlock it directly with Fido.

• To unlock your device, your account must be in good standing and must satisfy one of the following criteria:
    • If you received a rebate associated with a Fido agreement on your Fido device, that device must have been registered in your account more than 90 days ago.
    • If you personally purchased your device from Fido and did not receive any rebate on it, then it must be registered in your account.
    • If you purchased your device from a third party, it must have been registered in your account more than 90 days ago.
  • A $50 fee (plus applicable taxes) applies. It will appear on your next invoice or will be deducted from your Prepaid balance.
  • Unlocking your device via Fido will not void your manufacturer’s warranty.
  • Only Fido devices can be unlocked by Fido. If you have an unlocked device from another carrier, see how to configure it to work with Fido.
  • Unlocking your device will not terminate your Fido service or Fido Agreement, all aspects of your service remain unchanged.

To place a request to have your device unlocked you can reach out to us on Facebook or Twitter!

Hope this helps!

10yearfido
I'm an expert level 2
I'm an expert level 2

Option 1: Wait out the rest of your 3 year contract. Then pay Fido $50 and they will unlock it for you. Visit India then.

Option 2: Sell your Fido phone and use the proceeds to buy an unlocked unit directly from Apple, then visit India.

Option 3: pick up a cheap phone and SIM in India. Leave your iPhone in Canada and use the other in India.