transfer a phone line from another company to fido without paying fee

SOLVED
dolem24
I'm a Participant Level 1

i want to transfer a phone line from Virgin mobile to fido , keep the same number and avoid paying fee.

Accepted Solution

Re: transfer a phone line from another company to fido without paying fee

Solved by Senior MVP Senior MVP

Hello Hgourdji,

Welcome to the community!

If you wish to save on the activation fee, you would need to set-up your plan (and phone, if any) online via Fido.ca. If customer service assists in setting-up your services, you will incur an activation fee.

Once your account has been set-up, you can then contact customer service and request they port your phone number from your previous provider. FidoDaniela has also outlined some details you should know regarding porting a phone number. . Alternatively, you might consider sending @FidoSolutions a PM. Once they verify some information, they'll also be able to access your account.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers

View solution in context
3 REPLIES 3
Hgourdji
I'm a Participant Level 1

Must I call to speak with an agent or can I do this on line?

Hello Hgourdji,

Welcome to the community!

If you wish to save on the activation fee, you would need to set-up your plan (and phone, if any) online via Fido.ca. If customer service assists in setting-up your services, you will incur an activation fee.

Once your account has been set-up, you can then contact customer service and request they port your phone number from your previous provider. FidoDaniela has also outlined some details you should know regarding porting a phone number. . Alternatively, you might consider sending @FidoSolutions a PM. Once they verify some information, they'll also be able to access your account.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers

FidoDaniela
Former Moderator

Hey there @dolem24,

If you wish to bring a number from another carrier there are no additional fees. 

All you need to do is contact customer service! There are a few things you should know: 

-Your number needs to be active with the other carrier

-Your Fido account needs to be active

-You need to have the number you want to port in and the account number

-The number port, should automatically cancel the account with the other carrier.

Let us know if you have any further questions!