I'm a participant level 1

For 15 years my reception in my house is close to non-existant

1 REPLY 1

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello Boobookaboom,

Welcome to the community!

Sorry to hear you are unable to use your services at your location. However, the nature of cellular service is that it is dependent on being able to receive adequate signal from the cellular towers. Adequate signal would depend, in part, on your location relative to the cellular towers. You can get an idea of your area cellular towers here. In addition to your proximity to the cellular towers, there are also many factors can affect cellular reception (see here and here). That's why no mobile provider can guarantee service. There are just too many factors beyond their control.

If your location is outside of Fido/Rogers coverage, but within another provider's coverage, there are roaming agreements which allow Fido/Rogers customers to use those networks (extended coverage or Fido-EXT). To use the extended coverage, you would need to enable roaming on your device. You should note that extended coverage usage is meant on a temporary basis and the majority of your usage needs to be on the Fido/Rogers networks.

Is your device capable of Wifi-calling? If you have Wifi access at work and your phone is a supported device, you might consider trying to see if Wifi-calling can be a possible solution for your situation.

Unfortunately, if your circumstances don't allow for adequate cellular signal at your house (and Wifi-calling isn't an option), there isn't much that can be done. It's a common misunderstanding that any mobile provider will suit everyone everywhere. That simply isn't the case. If you spend a good portion of time outside of a mobile provider's coverage, perhaps that mobile provider isn't the right one for you.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers