cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

the Winback is just a scam or really something that try to annoy the user?

canadaalexjia
I'm a participant level 2

I recently switch from fido to telus as i signed a new iphone with the black friday deal. 

after a couple of days, i receive a phone from number 833-425-2387 that said he is on behalf of fido/rogers to offer me a good deal as winback.  he asked me details of the deal that offered from telus and i just answered all of the info to him

after he described the deal and ask me if i am into it or not. i said sure i can consider that.

you know what? he said that he would call me back later once he confirmed something more!

and then i just wait for him but he never called me back! 

is this a fido way that use this trick for getting some marketing info by taking advantage of the ex-fido user??

2 REPLIES 2

canadaalexjia

follow up:

FIdo customer team contact me and said that they didn't see a documented offer on my account.

and also the winback team is a outbound team so there is no way to call them back.

so .. just a experience that you feel get fooled.

Hey @canadaalexjia Smiley

I'm sorry you feel this way! Although it is indeed quite strange that the offer was not documented after you received this call from our Winback team.

If you'd like to go over your current options and offers or look into this further, don't hesitate to contact us.