Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

service issue

mliu1
I'm a participant level 2

Hi all,

I was trying to make phone calls but could only hear the following "your home cellular company has not authorized us to provide service". Did anyone have the same issue before and how to fix it?

Thanks!

5 REPLIES 5

FidoSaad
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Hey @mliu1

Are you unable to make and receive calls in general or when calling specific numbers?

Have you noticed as well how many signal bars is your phone receiving when trying make these calls?

mliu1

No, I am not able to make or receive any calls & messages, but able to use data. The signal bar shows the fido icon and strong connection.

Hello Mliu1,

Welcome to the community!

Thank you for the additional information. What phone are you using? Is it from Fido? If it isn't a Fido device, have you verified that it is compatible with the networks? You can verify the compatible bands/frequencies here.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers

mliu1

My device is HUAWEI P20 PRO. I got the phone from FIDO and the balance just reached 0 this month. 

Hello @mliu1,

Did you recently request to have any call blocking done on your line? It sounds like your line has North American call blocking which would give you that message because it is blocking all numbers with +1.

Try calling a 10 digit number without the +1 in front of the number and see if the call goes through.

If this is the case you will need to contact customer service to have that call blocking removed from the line, you should be able to dial *611 to reach customer service.