Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Pending plan change" message...

mjg163
I'm a participant level 2

Hi, 

Had a special offer popping out during logon to my account, so I took advantage and changed the plan on both of my lines. I did receive confirmation email and it appears the new data plan is active, new monthly allowance shows under "Usage" link and the data remaining bar slowly goes down. 

However, ever since the transaction was made and during every subsequent log on the same offer keeps popping out.

In addition, when I just close and ignore the offer window, and subsequently attempt to upgrade a phone I get another message popping out saying: "There is a plan change pending... "and no other changes can be done until the (data) transaction is fully processed/completed.

I called FIDO customer support and also received confirmation the (data) transaction is completed and new plan is active, but the agent was not able to help with phone upgrade either (described the issue as buffering or page not loading...)  In the end I was told to go visit FIDO kiosk/booth...

I imagine in this case (providing they can get around the issue) I will likely be charged a hefty service or activation fee - something I was intending to avoid by doing an upgrade on-line (also recommended by FIDO).

I've seen similar posts on the forum, but couldn't find posted resolution to the "Pending plan change" message.

Please advise,

Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4

jkshnider
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

Was it ever resolved? I am having the same issue and am so frustrated. Poor customer service!!

mjg163

Hi,

This eventually stopped (by itself) and is likely related to the billing cycle end. It's a shame no one in FIDO or ROGERS really understands how their system works and cannot provide a reasonable explanation, while having their frustrated customers spend hours on the phone with no answers provided, I have reasons to believe these are not isolated cases you and I and many other folks encountered. 

To complete the story...

My initial intention was acctually to upgrade our phones since mine was getting a bit old and my wife's suffered a damage to one of the camera lenses (and more). Because initially the plan offer came up first I went and upgraded the plans on both lines (to be fair, I have to admit the plan offer was attractive enough to make me take a bite...), however we were unable to opt for phone upgrade afterwards... When the pop up offer and "pending changes..." messages finally stopped around the billing cycle end, it was only then was I was finally able to get to the option of upgrading the phone. Unfortunatelly to get a reasonable offer we would have to accept a new plan again, as the one just aquired was no longer "good enough" for a low-priced (24 month) upgrade.

I am quite certain it would have been good (and offered as one of the choices) had we started the whole process with the phone upgrade and subsequently choosing the plan (first time around), but now it's too late...

So after dealing with all this BS the only option for the phone upgrade with existing, yet just recently acquired plan, is to pay the full price for the phone (or step up with more expensive data plan, which seems like money grab to be honest).

Better off searching for some open box items on Amazon or Best Buy (which is what I ended up doing to replace my wife's broken device for a fraction of the price offered by FIDO). As for my device, I'll stick with it for a bit longer since there is no issues with it and for the time being enjoy the $40/mth 90G data plan.

Also, one thing I learned in the process FIDO does not offer data over 5G network (despite it being available for ROGERS customers since 2020.)

Hope this helps...! 

FidoKenny

Hello @mjg163  I'm really sorry to learn that you are having trouble with our upgrade. To verify this it will be important get in contact with our team. You can find all the ways to reach our team here.

mjg163

Hi,

I did contact Fido a few times already (both cucstomer service and technical support). During most recent call I spent close to 2 hours on the phone (mostly waiting). Talked to both Fido & then Rogers technician. Neither could identify any system issues related to my account or the new plane, which they both confirmed is active. They referred the case (ticket raised) to another entity. Hopefully this will be resolved at some point.