Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

poor cell reception in Gordon Head, Victoria

andy2
I'm a participant level 3
I'm a participant level 3
Hi Fido
Please check your price for data and Do not's update on Sept 3;5 for data and Do not's pay $40. for data and I go to çhatr mobile
Thank you
3 REPLIES 3

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

@andy2 wrote:
Hi Fido
Please check your price for data and Do not's update on Sept 3;5 for data and Do not's pay $40. for data and I go to çhatr mobile
Thank you

Hello Andy2,

I'm not quite sure what you are asking...  However, with regards to poor reception in Gordon Head, judging by this screen capture, there are not many cellular towers in the area.

Gordon Head.jpg

Taken from here. I cannot vouch for accuracy.

Reception may be poor in some areas which are further away from the cellular towers. That said, if you enable roaming, you phone may connect to the other cellular towers as Fido-EXT (extended coverage). There is no additional cost for using extended coverage. However, you should note that it is only meant for occasional usage. If you use Fido-EXT more than 50%, your future usage may get limited or restricted. 

Again, I'm not quite sure what issue you have with your data. Could you please elaborate? If it is specific to your account, you might consider sending a moderator a PM, or contacting Twitter or Facebook, or contacting customer service. They'll then be able to access your account details and provide you with more information.

With regards to switching to Chatr mobile, Chatr also uses Rogers' network so reception in Gordon Head would likely be the same as it is with Fido or Rogers. However, I'm not sure if Chatr also provides extended coverage.

Hope this helps Smiley

Cheers

@Cawtau wrote:

With regards to switching to Chatr mobile, Chatr also uses Rogers' network so reception in Gordon Head would likely be the same as it is with Fido or Rogers. However, I'm not sure if Chatr also provides extended coverage.

Hello again,

I neglected to mention earlier that you should also be aware that Chatr does not offer LTE. Even though Chatr uses Rogers' networks, they only offer services on the 2G and '3G' networks. 

Cheers

Hey @andy2

We'd hate to see you leave! 

Can you follow @Cawtau's instruction in regards to our extended coverage and let us know if you notice an improvement to your reception? 

I will also send you a PM so we can take a look into your data options together. Smiley