cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

personal information security

Joe58
I'm a participant level 2

Today (2021/11/7) around 1 pm, I called Fido's 1-888-481-3436, and your representative Naeem answered my call. My $100/year prepaid plan was expired yesterday and he offers a monthly plan of $10 with 250 mins and texts which actually is $15 minus the $5 rebate for current prepaid customers. He asks for two pieces of identification to registerer for the monthly plan. I told him my driver licence and medicare card. After waiting five minutes, he told me the plan does not exist anymore as he was not working yesterday and was expired two days ago. He said nothing has changed in my account and may have to wait for the new promotion next time.

I feel not safe since he took all my identification and nothing has been done. He should know the plans better before offering them to customers. I was wondering if Fido has a clearance check on their employees. Also, if these procedures are required for current customers.

My last question is any direct communication with Fido? Such as email address or phone number? Thank you.

2 REPLIES 2

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello Joe58,

Welcome to the community!

Sorry to hear you feel uncomfortable with the interaction you had with customer service. Firstly, to clarify, were you intending on remaining with pre-paid services or switch to post-paid services? The number you had dialled would have been their regular customer service line. Fido does have a dedicated line for pre-paid customers (see here).

I don't know what was discussed between yourself and the customer service representative, however, it's possible they were not familiar with the pre-paid options. If they thought you wanted to migrate your services to post-paid options, they would likely have needed to verify your credit. That could be why they required the identification.

You should also note that promotional offers are subject to change at any time. It's also possible any offer previously mentioned might not have been available anymore when you called. It's also possible that the offer is no longer available now that your $100 per year plan had expired.

If you wished to switch to another pre-paid option, you might need to contact Fido via their dedicated line. On the other hand, if you did wish to switch to post-paid services, you should note that there would be a migration fee.

Fido does not offer customer services via email. However, Fido does have other venues for contacting customer service. In addition, they can also be contacted via Live Chat, Facebook, or Twitter. Those methods can be accessed via the contact page posted above. That said, those other venues might not be able to assist customers with pre-paid accounts.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers

Joe58

Hello Cawtau,

Thanks for responding.

I was going to plan to stay with my usual prepaid plan. However, Naeem suggested the monthly plan and I agreed to switch until he said was no more available.

Anyway, I took your explanation and will be more careful in the future. Thank you!