cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

misleading and ridiculous crazy charge

alexc2
I'm a participant level 2
I'm a participant level 2

local call shows unlimited and that never charged any extra cost.

international call shows unlimited BUT it charged me $143 for 82 minutes?!

if you charge for a long distance call why do you show unlimited use? That is obviously MISLEADING!!! If you show the price is ridiculously high no one would use it to make a long distance call!

2 REPLIES 2

FidoVan

Hey there @alexc2 and welcome to the Community!

We were able to clarify what you saw exactly on your app in our Facebook conversations. If you have any other questions, don't hesitate to reach us back there, thank you.

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello Alexc2,

Welcome to the community!

I don't think they were trying to mislead you. Where did you find that information? If you found it in your My Account, I think it was an error in the app or the details of your plan. As far as I am aware, none of Fido's plans include International calls. It is very strange that is what shows for you. Is it possible it's referring to Unlimited International text, picture, and video messaging?

Unfortunately, cellular long-distance calls are expensive. If you do require making long-distance calls, Fido does have various calling add-ons, including their Preferred International rates add-on (see here, under Calling). You can view their regular versus preferred rates by clicking on the View preferred International rates link on that page.

You should note that this forum is community-driven and not intended as a venue for customer services. If you wanted to discuss those charges, you would need to contact customer service. In addition, they can also be contacted via Live Chat, Facebook, or Twitter. Those methods can be accessed via the contact page posted above.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers