cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

long distance call and weird scam sms

Jamil8051
I'm a participant level 3
I'm a participant level 3

I am so pissed off with this reset game that the fido customer agents play every time when i complain about my fido phone for a long distance calls. Other I was on a long distance call. Suddenly after 59 mins the line automatically got cut. This same thing happened with me for more than 2-3 times in the past. I call and every time the agent does a reset. I mean no matter how many times I do the reset over the phone the call eventually gets cut after 59 mins. It happens with every long distance number that i use to talk over prolonged time. Niw the second issue that happens just after the line is cut is I call back and i starts to hear the same recordings from the other side. It feels like somebody is playing a recording again and again. I tried ti explain all these to the agent and the agent did not even try to understand. Instead he told me to fix the problems and he was very impatient to even listen to my whole problem. He was so busy catching a train, I wonder. But he called back and gave me the tech support number. He also charged to give me dates when I had those problems. He was not accepting my problen rather doubting it. I was failed to provide any date precise date. So I gave him the month information but he responded that nothing he found in his system. So I could not do anything about it.

Next comes the scam text :

[FlDO-SOLUTlONS]- Cher membre, notre équipe de facturation a récemment détecté une erreur dans votre facture du mois dernier. Nous vous avons envoyé un total de 135 CAD à la suite de cette erreur.

Réclamer ici;
http://75.119.132.49/

I mean i don’t know what to do with. This text came from this number:

+12042130947

Folks be awre of this number

1 REPLY 1

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello Jamil8051,

Unfortunately, I cannot speak to why your long-distance calls cut-off after 59 minutes. However, you should note that some providers do have a maximum call length to limit possible inadvertent excessive charges (ie pocket-dialled call). I'm not sure whether Fido or other Canadian providers have similar measures on their systems or if the receiver's providers are limiting the duration for their customers.

@Jamil8051 wrote:..

Next comes the scam text :

[FlDO-SOLUTlONS]- Cher membre, notre équipe de facturation a récemment détecté une erreur dans votre facture du mois dernier. Nous vous avons envoyé un total de 135 CAD à la suite de cette erreur.

Réclamer ici;
http://75.119.132.49/

I mean i don’t know what to do with. This text came from this number:

+12042130947

Thank you for the information! You're correct, that message is most definitely SPAM. The providers are doing all that they can to prevent SPAM SMS. You can help by forwarding these messages to 7726 (SPAM) (see here). Once audited, it will be used to augment the SPAM filter. Unfortunately, as fast as these messages get blocked by the SPAM filter, the spammers/scammers find new ways to bypass the filter.

A couple of tell-tale signs the the message is SPAM. Firstly, Fido won't send etransfers via email or text message link. If you are indeed overcharged or given credit, Fido will simply credit your account.

In addition, if Fido does send legitimate SMS, it will come from one of their short codes, not a phone number. Admittedly, since spoofing is so wide-spread, it's possible the spammers/scammers could eventually learn to spoof those codes as well.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers