cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

insured phone

laurabaconhw
I'm a participant level 2
I'm a participant level 2

Ive been with Fido Quite a while my wife as well..i lost my phone and was insured,,they denid my claim,,said they can only insure the phone the sim is in,,,i bout a new sim the next morning with my same number,,,I said you are insuring the phone your sim is still in lost phone ,,i but MY new sim in anther old phone cuz i needed it,,they said they sant see lost phone,,Now im still paying for a phone i dont have,,,its too bad was good service but this is really bad cutomer care

1 REPLY 1

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello Laurabaconhw,

Welcome to the community!

I'm sorry to hear you're having issues with the device protection. It's unfortunate that you did not understand how the protection works.

The device protection only protects one device at a time. The device most recently used by the Fido SIM. If a new SIM was used in a different phone, the lost phone (ie phone with old SIM) would no longer be protected. The device protection would have transferred to that other phone (ie phone with new SIM).

I do understand it's frustrating having to pay off a device you no longer have and is no longer protected. However, Brightstar does state that the Protected device is the eligible device which is actively registered on the Fido network and for which airtime has been logged after enrollment (see Terms & Conditions here). Your old phone would be the actively registered device. 

Hope this helps ðŸ˜€