cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone 5, iOS 6 visual voicemail not working

liuu
I'm a participant level 2

I bought the iphone 5 on day 1 and never managed to have vvm working. When I click on the voicemail tab it calls a number that asks for my phone number followed by # key. I do what they ask but keep getting extension doesnt exist error.

I call fido and I keep getting the same unhelpful **bleep** like we are aware of the problem but we don't know how to fix it.

I know I'm not the only one that has this prolem, did anyone figure a fix for this?

I tried doing a network setting reset and that did not help.

When I type *#5005*86# I get +16478396178 as a number.

I had the iphone 4 before and everything worked perfect.

Thanks guys.

3 REPLIES 3

Benoit71A
I'm a contributor level 1
I'm a contributor level 1

Have you recently changed your plan? Could there be any reason for an accidental switch to the regular voicemail?

Call Fido and see what's up. This has happened to me before and the reason was because I had changed my lan and the VVM somehow got replaced with the regular voicemail, as well as the wrong add on was put on my account. They fixed it and the VVM works. It may just be a mistake with your plan on Fido's part, so I would call and explain the situation, verify that you do have VVM and, if not, they can change it. Or if you do, they may have a suggestion fot you.

Hope that helps.

afidouser2
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

Happened to me as well when I changed my plans. I called Fido, they entered a different code and my visual voicemail on my iphone 5 was working again.

liuu
In the end they had to remove my vvm plan then put it back, that was the only thing that worked.