Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to keep my number

Matt2013
I'm a participant level 2

Hello;

I am moving from Canada and I want to know how can I keep/Park my phone number for around six months?

Thank you

3 REPLIES 3

Matt2013

Thank you very much, it was really helpful.

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello Matt2013,

Welcome to the community!

If you don't have an agreement right now (i.e. are on a month-to-month basis), you may be eligible for our $7/month temporary suspension. To get this suspension, which you can have for up to 1 year, we would change your plan to a special $15 BYOP plan, and you'd get an $8 discount for a maximum period of 12 months. Upon your return, you would need to select a currently in-market plan (taken from here).

As FidoMaria noted, such offers are subject to change at any time. You might consider contacting Fido customer service to see if the temporary suspension details have changed. Alternatively, you might send a PM to a moderator.

**edit** Alternatively, if all you want is just to keep the number, you can switch over to prepaid temporarily and then switch back to monthly when you return. Keep in mind though that you'll have to choose a plan that's available on the market when you come back. Also, if you're on agreement, you'll have to pay the balance of you phone to switch over (taken from here)**

Hope this helps Smiley Happy

Cheers

Hello again,

The temporary suspension offer noted above has changed recently. Fido can now suspend your service for 2-12 months at $7 per month if you are off agreement. With the current suspension offer, your plan remains unchanged and once the service is removed the plan goes back to the one you had! (taken from here)

As per usual, these offers are subject to change at any time.

Hope this helps Smiley

Cheers