cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

extra $ 5 charge for #2030

Sam251082
I'm a participant level 1

My bill showed with an extra $ 4.99 for calling #2030 for only 3 sec.

I haven't recognized when I called this no.

How to retrieve this charge?

4 REPLIES 4

4ashahid

How can i find out for what game or from what company

Hello 4ashahid,

Welcome to the community!

I understand FidoKenny stated the charge was from a third-party gaming service. However, from the information I have come across, I still believe the charge is from directory assistance (see my previous reply below). In fact, that link provided still lists that charge as Information.

Have you had a chance to view the billing details? You should be able to do so via your My Account  --> View & Manage Bill. From there, you should be able to Save and/or Print a PDF copy of your bill. Alternatively, you should also be able to view the details online by clicking Usage summary.

I believe your bill might show a toll-free number (1-800, 1-888, etc) followed by the #2030 charge and another toll-free number. The first number would not be in service anymore. The second number would be the new number as connected by directory assistance. The #2030 charge is for the service of connecting the new number. Had you made any calls to toll-free numbers?

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello Sam251082,

Welcome to the community!

Did you make a call to a toll-free number? The #2030 charge is a special charge for toll-free directory assistance. Any time a toll-free number is no longer active, the system will notify the caller of its status and ask if the caller would like to forward the call to the new number. It is the forwarding of the call to the new number which incurs the charge. If you copied the new phone number and manually dialled the new number yourself, I don't think there would have been any charges. 

There are some important things to note regarding toll-free phone numbers. While North American toll-free numbers can generally be called free of LD charges from Canada or the US, it depends on the designated area as determined by the business owning the phone number. In addition to restricting those numbers to either Canada or US, some businesses may also place additional limits on their free usage (ie only from certain states or provinces etc)(see here). It all depends from where they wish to accept the long-distance charges.

Since the designated call area is determined by the businesses, it's not possible to know the availability of a particular toll-free number in specific regions just by the phone number itself. Since Canada and the US (and other countries) utilise the same North American Numbering Plan, those phone numbers all have the same format, regardless of their intended call areas. The only way to determine whether a business is willing to accept the LD charges for their toll-free phone number from a particular location would be to enquire with them directly. Some companies may even offer separate calling options for different regions. For example, one of my credit cards (Canadian) has a 1-800 for the US and a Canadian phone number (not toll-free) for within Canada. You would need to contact the business to determine whether the 1-800 phone number you have is free of long-distance charges from your area. I understand the particular Catch-22 aspect of the situation. However, the company may have other means of communication to determine the company's designated call area (ie social media, email, etc).

You should also note that even if a particular 1-800 phone number is free from long-distance charges in Canada, the calls would still be counted against your allotted minutes -- they just wouldn't incur additional LD charges.

**edit** Though this link is from another provider, it lists the different pay-per-use service codes. Since that list is from a different provider, I'm not sure if all of those service codes are available throughout Canada or only within their region**

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers

FidoKenny

Hello @Sam251082

I went over my resources and was able to confirm that it's a charge that comes a 3rd party gaming service.

To go over your usage or review your bill, we will need access to your account.

You can find all the ways to reach our customer service here.