cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

emails and relaying

tractor
I'm a participant level 2

I have 2 email accounts , one hotmail and one outlook express. When I try to respond to or forward my emails sometimes it won 't do it and puts up a message "cannot relay" is roughly what the message is. I get this more often now to the point where I cannot send a message from my hotmail account to my outlook account and I cannot get my outlook account to send any email. It gets sent to the outbox or just disappears. I assume its a settings issue but not sure how to fix that.

***Edited to add labels***

3 REPLIES 3

FidoStephane

Hi there tractor,

Sounds to me like there is no available memory left in your outlook. Delete the sent items and deleted items, clean up your inbox, and things should work smoothly again.

let us know

tractor

I clean out the accounts every two days so thats not it. I have never been able to repond to some emails because the message about not allowing relaying pops up. So what is relaying?

zapattack
I'm helpful level 1
I'm helpful level 1
Relaying means you are trying to send mail from one provider using the settings of another one, which is generally not allowed. For example if you were a TELUS internet subscriber, you could not use a SHAW email account to send mail, because that would be considered 'relaying' the mail through another company. Check your mail server settings. Your Hotmail settings must only refer to your Hotmail account.