cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

downgrade data before the end of billing cycle

TRPF
I'm a participant level 1

im looking to cut my data plan back to something better suited to my usage and save some money. 

im currently very slightly over what my new plan will include, so question is if i downgrade now will i be charged for the overage in my next bill or should i wait until the end of the cycle??

3 REPLIES 3

AlexisCornell

Hey there, I have a question about downgrading my plan.  I moved from Canada to Mexico and would like to significantly reduce my monthly bills as I'm not using any talk/calls or data.  Is there a way to do that online or will I have to call and speak to a representative?

Hey @AlexisCornell,

You can do both.

You can browse our plans on fido.ca and change to whichever you find that fits your needs!

You can also contact us here, and we'd be more than happy to help as well. Smiley

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello TRPF,

Welcome to the community!

As far as I am aware, if you change your plan to another plan in the same category, you should have access to the larger allotment of data for the remainder of the cycle (see here).

That said, you might consider verifying the situation with your particular plan details. You should note that the forums are community-driven and are no longer intended as a venue for customer services. While there may be some moderators still willing to provide assistance via PM, you will likely need to contact customer service so they can look into your account. In addition, they can also be contacted via Live Chat, Facebook, or Twitter. Those methods can be accessed via the contact page posted above.

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers