apple watch series 3/4 supported?

I'm a Contributor Level 1 phanthomz
I'm a Contributor Level 1

apple watch series 3/4 supported?

After the apple announcement I noticed that the Fido site has the new iphone on the main page...does thie mean that e-sims will be supported and I can add my watch?

Accepted Solution

Re: apple watch series 3/4 supported?

Hey @phanthomz!

We will not support the Apple Watch for now. We expect a lot of excitement around the new iPhone models and that's what we're focusing on! Although it's not compatible with our LTE network, you can still buy the Apple Watch and pair it with a compatible iPhone using Bluetooth or Wi-Fi! Check out apple.com/ca/watch for more details Smiley

View solution in context
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 1 of 40
I'm a Participant Level 1 ademola
I'm a Participant Level 1

This is ridiculous. One year after! Leaving Fido for good. Hello, BELL!

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 16 of 40

We'd be sad to see you go @ademola Sad 

Don't hesitate to reach out if you need to discuss your account.

We're here for you. 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 17 of 40
I'm a Participant Level 2 cfaustino
I'm a Participant Level 2

After waiting for over a year for LTE support for Apple Watch, starting to get  tired of the game. Time to go a a provider that take costumers sseriously and keeps up with technology.  All the major providers already provide the service. 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 18 of 40
I'm a Participant Level 2 cfaustino

Customers can send a confirmation, move to another provider.

@FidoKija wrote:

Hey Jet_pilot! 

We understand how important the needs and wants of our customers are and this means that we will forward your comments towards the team in charge. We'll make sure to tell them that our customers are interested in this product.

As mentioned by Pierre above, we can't confirm anything right now since we can't know for sure about the services that haven't been confirmed yet. 

I understand that this uncertainty is not ideal and rest assured that we will keep you and the community updated! Smiley 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 19 of 40
I'm a Participant Level 1 stoper42

It's hard to understand when Fido is owned by Rogers (this is no secret), and Rogers supports the cellular watches now. So why cant this be adopted to Fido since all the celluar services are shared? It would be great to have a clear technical answer as to why this can't happen, my guess is that it has to do with money.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 20 of 40
I'm a Participant Level 1 not_a_fan

Finally had my conversation with the “win back” team.  Result is that no, they cannot commit to supporting the cellular watch 4 (or 3).

Did some research of the flanker brands of other carriers and none of those support Apple Watch cellular either.  If you want support, there is no alternative but big 3, not their subsidiaries.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 21 of 40
I'm a Participant Level 3 Legacy40k
I'm a Participant Level 3

I noticed this too. Virgin, Koodo and Fido don't support it - even though they are all capable of supporting it from a hardware perspective.

If I'm going to have to switch carries for support - it's sure not going to be to Rogers, who was just recently ranked the worst of the big 3 for wireless data speeds in Canada. I'll probably just wait until Bell or Telus has a good promotion on and then switch - it's tough to beat my Fido plan though. 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 22 of 40
I'm a Participant Level 1 StuntApe

Get your #@(&* together and get with the times or I'm taking my 4 lines elsewhere!

Peter

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 23 of 40
I'm a Participant Level 1 MBil

Good Morning Fido!,

any updates on this matter? I just got the apple wathc GPS+Cellular and i would like to use my network on it without bringing the phone with me... I could wait a month or two, but if it is taking longer I will go with Bell or Telus?

Please show us some customer support here as we all know is not that hard to connect the watch to your network (rogers already has it!!)

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 24 of 40

Hey @MBil

Welcome to the community Smiley

We don't have anything to announce for now.  If the situation changes, we'll make sure to update this thread.

Enjoy your new Apple Watch!

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 25 of 40
I'm a Participant Level 1 livagn

I have to agree with the above customers. I have had my Iwatch3 since it came out and assumed by the time the iwatch4 came out Fido would support it. Knowing Rogers has had it for awhile means this is just a marketing decision. If I move it will not be to Rogers. I have been a loyal Fido customer for 14 years now and also use there internet package. This may be the thing that makes me switch unfortunantely. 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 26 of 40

Hey @livagn,

Congrats on your first post!

We truly thank you for your loyalty and support over such a long time and hope you will remain with us! While we totally understand where you're coming from, we do not support Apple watch at the moment. This is something we will look at as we build system functionality to support this technology. 

As Julien mentioned, as soon as we have some news we'll let everyone know.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 27 of 40
I'm a Participant Level 2 JcTcom

Hi .

Carl here.

Another long term Fido customer (18 years or more).  Planning on leaving if we don't get support for Apple Watch. 

Like the others I won't be going to Rogers as I am pissed that as the owners of Fido they have chosen to get this service for their clients but no Fido clients.

So I will be moving on the Bell or one of the others that are supporting the apple watch.  But not Rogers.

Carl

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 28 of 40

Hey there @JcTcom!

It would be sad to see you go, seeing as you've been a loyal customer with us for more than 18 years. I would love to be able to give you another answer, but currently we do not support the Apple Watch. If we have any update, we will definitely advertise it loud and clear. 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 29 of 40
I'm a Participant Level 1 jef34355

is the Apple Watch series 4 able to support wifi calls? I have wifi calling enabled on my iPhone X, but don’t see the option to add the watch on my iPhone or on the watch app. 

Also I would echo much of the frustration with Fido/Rogers on this thread re:support for cellular on Apple Watch. I am strongly considering switching to bell or Telus, not to mention I sold all my Rogers stock because of this issue.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 30 of 40