apple watch series 3/4 supported?

I'm a Contributor Level 1 phanthomz
I'm a Contributor Level 1

apple watch series 3/4 supported?

After the apple announcement I noticed that the Fido site has the new iphone on the main page...does thie mean that e-sims will be supported and I can add my watch?

Accepted Solution

Re: apple watch series 3/4 supported?

Hey @phanthomz!

We will not support the Apple Watch for now. We expect a lot of excitement around the new iPhone models and that's what we're focusing on! Although it's not compatible with our LTE network, you can still buy the Apple Watch and pair it with a compatible iPhone using Bluetooth or Wi-Fi! Check out apple.com/ca/watch for more details Smiley

View solution in context
Flag this to a Moderator
Message 1 of 41
I'm a Participant Level 2 jjjjj4563563566
I'm a Participant Level 2

I assumed Rogers meant Fido so ordered a cellular watch 4.  I will be sure to activate it on Bell or Telus and leave Fido behind for good.  Fido has been totally destroyed as a brand since Rogers ownership.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 11 of 41
Former Moderator FidoKija
Former Moderator

Hey jjjjj4563563566!

We'll be sad to see you go! Would you like to take a look at your options first and see if there's anything we can do? 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 12 of 41
I'm a Participant Level 2 Jet_pilot

We are not interested in hearing that you will send it to a team. We want to hear from someone we can make decisions. Enough of talk and team reply. I understand you can only reference to a script. We do not want the corporate answer, we want hard direct answers. Get someone on this forum who can make decisions its simple give us a date you will roll out Apple Watch support or tell us you cannot and will not support Apple Watch. A team making sections for a year needs to be fired from their job they are not doing a good job.we want answers not corporate run around.!!!!!!

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 13 of 41
I'm a Participant Level 1 Assyrian
I'm a Participant Level 1

It really is a shame, I've been with Fido for 7+ years, now I have to leave it just because they won't support the apple watch. It's really disappointing, I've been consistently checking the forum for 7+ months and waited specifically for the Series 4 in hopes they would support. I really don't want to leave, but there's no point for me to have a cellular watch that I can't use! Sad

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 14 of 41
Highlighted
Former Moderator FidoKija
Former Moderator

Thanks for your feedback Jet_pilot! Smiley As much as I would like to give you a more clear answer, we have already given to you the information available to us regarding this. The only thing possible to do now, is to stay tuned for any upcoming updates. 

It'll be very unfortunate to see you leave also Assyrian and I really wish there was I can do regarding the Apple watch right now. It's also possible to connect it with the Bluetooth connection if you'd like! Have you considered this option perhaps? 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 15 of 41
I'm a Participant Level 1 ademola

This is ridiculous. One year after! Leaving Fido for good. Hello, BELL!

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 16 of 41
Former Moderator FidoPamela
Former Moderator

We'd be sad to see you go @ademola Sad 

Don't hesitate to reach out if you need to discuss your account.

We're here for you. 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 17 of 41
I'm a Participant Level 2 cfaustino

After waiting for over a year for LTE support for Apple Watch, starting to get  tired of the game. Time to go a a provider that take costumers sseriously and keeps up with technology.  All the major providers already provide the service. 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 18 of 41
I'm a Participant Level 2 cfaustino

Customers can send a confirmation, move to another provider.

@FidoKija wrote:

Hey Jet_pilot! 

We understand how important the needs and wants of our customers are and this means that we will forward your comments towards the team in charge. We'll make sure to tell them that our customers are interested in this product.

As mentioned by Pierre above, we can't confirm anything right now since we can't know for sure about the services that haven't been confirmed yet. 

I understand that this uncertainty is not ideal and rest assured that we will keep you and the community updated! Smiley 

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 19 of 41
I'm a Participant Level 1 stoper42

It's hard to understand when Fido is owned by Rogers (this is no secret), and Rogers supports the cellular watches now. So why cant this be adopted to Fido since all the celluar services are shared? It would be great to have a clear technical answer as to why this can't happen, my guess is that it has to do with money.

Flag this to a Moderator
Message 20 of 41