Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Worst service of the product and not providing resolution of dispute

BPatel93
I'm a participant level 2

Hello,

I tried to reach customer service twice before posting the dispute. No one has resolved the issue and blaming as a customer fault after "waiting 1.5 hours on hold with representative" and one of the call was automatically disconnected after waiting for 1 hour while agent put my call on hold and never get back to me, which is really frustrating and disappointing. Second agent assured me that I would be contacted by her superior and never received a call.

Dispute: I am charged for the long distance minutes before getting notified that I have utilized 100% of 1000 minutes service, which is not legible. Hence, from the promotions and advertisements, I would conclude that Fido's notification service is misguiding the customers and charging them unethically. In the informal language, robbing the customers by unethical ways. Please see attached photos and from the writing of text, I would clearly perceive that I would be charged only after Dec 2 at 5.10 PM.

I have been the Fido customer since 3 years and now all of a sudden, I am receiving worst service from the Fido continuously and no one from the Fido is looking into it except by directly blaming to the customer. Please look into the matter and looking forward for the resolution. If this does not resolve, I must have to take further steps on it.CHErged for Dec 1 and morning of Dec 2CHErged for Dec 1 and morning of Dec 2Notified on Dec 2,2019 at 5.10 PMNotified on Dec 2,2019 at 5.10 PM

4 REPLIES 4

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello BPatel93,

I'm sorry to hear that you were not aware of how the notification system works.

In addition to what was mentioned by FidoClaudia, I'm not sure if you are aware that the 1000 International minutes are only to certain Countries. The US is not one of those Countries. You can view the included Countries here. If you regularly call the US, Fido does offer an Unlimited US calling add-on as well as a Preferred Long-distance calling rate add-on (see here).

**edit** Perhaps this post might help**

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers

BPatel93

Not worried about the charges applied for the US calling. Just looking for the positive resolution of the charges applied due to Fido's delayed services.

FidoClaudia
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @BPatel93,

We're sad to learn that your most recent experiences when calling in weren't positive, it's really not the type of service we aim to provide our customers!

We know that that unexpected charges on your invoice are never pleasant and it's important to keep in mind that usage notification messages are sent on an informative basis only and customers are billed according to usage, not by the messages sent. 

We offer tools available to you 24/7 through My Account the app to stay on top of your long distance minutes, so it's important to keep an eye on it to avoid any overages. For voice usage, keep in mind that it can take up to 12 hours for the usage to be updates.

With this being said, I'll send you a PM here on the Community to take a closer look at your account. 

Talk soon. 

BPatel93

I understand the system generates the delay in order to notify the customer, however, should the system generate notification after 29 hours? Are we still living in 90's?

As you mentioned that Fido offers tools to keep customers updated on long distance minutes by My Account app. I do keep an eye on it, though it does not update with reasonable delay to stay on top of the service. If I knew that I have an overage on long distance minutes, I could stop using the service right away, which I did after the notification.

If the My Account app and the notification service is not getting updated with a reasonable delay, anyone can get scammed by intentionally or unintentionally.