cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Worst customer services

Kanica1
I'm a participant level 1
I'm a participant level 1

I am really frustrated with the cx services i had in last 3 calls.even the supervisors are not helpful at all, they just say what there agents have told. They don't about keeping cx or providing cx. What they care is about not explaining bills and resolving cx issues.

i had talked to a rep from ontario on call id I1456905109 with a Supervisor Marilyn and before that i talked with there rep marie on 26 dec 2020 both calls took 3 hrs Not to resolve my issues and wasting my 6-7 hours of same issue that is still not resolved

issue was to clear device balance and to change plan. They don't provide full info to cx and not at all care if cx say we will leave fido or their time and frustration.

after asking for same thing 15-20 times she was still not able to clear anything. I paid device balance to reduce monthly bill and now i have bill or 3 times the amt of bill i was supposed to get. Even sup is really not helpful at all. I will never advise people to get fido and also ask people with fido to get other providers 

1 REPLY 1

Cawtau
Senior MVP Senior MVP
Senior MVP

Hello Kanica1,

Welcome to the community!

I'm sorry to hear you're not satisfied with the level of customer service you have received.

@Kanica1 wrote:..issue was to clear device balance and to change plan....

.... I paid device balance to reduce monthly bill and now i have bill or 3 times the amt of bill i was supposed to get. ...

Were you able to pay the device balance? Have you had a chance to view the billing details on your bill? You should be able to view those details via My Account -->  Billing & Payments --> View Bill --> Select Bill. You can then Print or View the bill as PDF or go through the details online.

You note that you paid the device balance to reduce the monthly bill. Are you aware that merely paying off your phone does not automatically reduce your monthly bill?

Many mobile providers use a subsidised model for their contract devices. This model is different from a tab model or the more recently available leasing model.

With the subsidised model, the subsidy is incorporated into the plan (ie small, large, etc). On the other hand, with the tab model, the monthly plans and tabs are separate. Since the subsidy is incorporated into the plan, your plan does not automatically switch to a BYOP plan at the end of a contract. It remains your previous plan, should you wish to subsidise another device. If you did not wish to subsidise another phone, you would have to switch to a BYOP plan which is in-market at the time you decide to switch.

You should note that the details of the in-market BYOP plans may or may not be the same as your current plan. It is not possible to keep your current plan and merely remove the subsidy.

Similarly, if you later decide you wish to subsidise a phone after switching to a BYOP plan, you would have to take a subsidised plan which is in-market at the time you decide to switch. Again, the plan details of that plan may or may not include the details of your previous subsidised plan (or 'current' BYOP plan).

If you would like to reduce your monthly bill once your contract has completed (ie your phone has been fully paid), you would need to switch to a BYOP plan. Is that what you tried to do with customer service?

If you did switch your plan to a BYOP plan, you should note that switching plans between billing cycles would result in partial charges for your old and new plans (see here and here).

In addition, if you had customer service switch plans for you, it's possible you were also charged an adminstrative set-up fee. The fee is usually waived if the change was done via Fido.ca

Could those be reasons why the monthly bill is not as you expected?

@Kanica1 wrote:..after asking for same thing 15-20 times she was still not able to clear anything. ...

I'm sorry but I'm not sure what you mean by they were not able to clear anything. What were they unable to clear?

Hope this helps 😀

Cheers